All reviews bedroom cottage stunning views few niggles cooking utensils country lane kitchen living room hot tub both bedrooms fantastic accommodation min drive my partner and i have just beautiful cottage single track idyllic setting living area night stay welsh countryside
Reviewed 3 October 2018

My mum and I stayed here for a long weekend in August. The owner was very friendly and helpful when we arrived and helped us with local taxis and where to eat etc. The cottage itself was lovely, quite oldy worldy and cosy. Everything was clean and neat and tidy and we had a lovely weekend there for my nieces wedding. The occasional sheep came up to the back door to say hello. We did have an intersesting journey going there as the satnav brought us off the main roads about 5 miles away and we ended up following a single track road along the side of the mountain, we later learned that the best route is to drive straight in to Llangollen and then follow the road up from town which is still single track but not quite so traumatic for us townies.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was lovely. At the top of the country lane we were greeted by lots of cute lambs across the road. The views are amazing, it does love up to its panorama name. We actually stayed here to travel to Chester Zoo, and Blue Planet aquarium in Cheshire. Both were around a 40 min drive with easy, fast roads. We used the hot tub one eve which was really nice as it was in the sun at 6.30pm, and looking out at the views made it extra special. Richard is very friendly and happy to help. The only slight thing I'd comment on for improvement is a new mattress in the bedroom - but that's not a massive deal. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018

We had a 3 week stay in the lodge. It was amazing! Tidy and clean with enough space for our family of 4 and plenty of scenery to get absorbed in and forget the day to day routines of normal life. The drive into town is part of the experience along winding country lanes, encountering sheep at every turn. Everything about this place makes you slow down...Bliss! Thank you Richard :)

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Delaney S
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Visited the lodge for a few days. Stunning location, with Panorama cliffs behind and Castell Dinas Brân on the horizon. Very rural. Quiet apart from the sheep. The lodge itself looks like it was modernised to an excellent standard a few years ago. Unfortunately, it looks like no maintenance or quick lick of paint has been done since. Mirrors in both bedrooms are badly cracked. The paintwork is very scuffed. Mould behind door. The curtain tie backs have long since gone with holes left in the plasterwork. Shower just needs adjusting. Whilst the owner was very pleasant and helpful, it just appears to be lazy management, stopping this property being truly luxurious.
The worst aspect was the cooker and the cooking utensils which all looked dirty. So much so that we decided to eat out every night, which wasn’t the plan, as we wanted to relax and enjoy the view in the evening.

With a minimal maintenance which should take a couple of days, a change of pots and pans, and minimal reinvestment, this would be truly 5*+. A shame.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Richard l, Owner at Panorama Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

The cottages get heavily used and some of the groups, hen groups etc do not always treat the cottages with respect and I make sure all essential repairs are done..
The hob will be changed for a ceramic one in the future but the current plate hobs are kept clean. I do my utmost with my properties but do accept that due to my energies being diverted to a new build, some tasks may have been left. My new build is now complete so i am now able to catch up on some of these outstanding tasks. I have no issues with my cleaning staff who are very good. Richard.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

16 of us spent a few nights at the cottages over the bank holiday for a hen party. The cottages and lodge were lovely and comfy. Beautiful views over Llangollen and the owner was very helpful and welcomed us as soon as we arrived. Would love to return to the cottages soon

Date of stay: May 2018