“Great tasting food and service”
Review of Regency 59

Regency 59
Ranked #13 of 112 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Welcome to Regency 59.Nestled in the Heart of Abergavenny town and street bustling with independent boutiques, family businesses and market hall, Regency 59 is the definition of the modern Nepalese and Indian Restaurant. Not only do we serve fine Nepalese and Indian food the venue offers a Welsh Hearty Breakfast and a Traditional British Lunch prepared by experienced local chefs. Rigorous attention is paid to the quality and the freshness of the ingredients used in preparation and presentation with no compromise. Regency 59 is committed to provide only the healthiest food using locally sourced fresh meats, fresh vegetables and spices ground on site. With no touch of artificial colour, no added preservatives in any of our recipes we remain true to the flavours
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were brought here our first evening in Abergavenny. I had a one of the lamb curries with a pintvof Butty Bach and my wife had a vegetarian curry. All very tasty. Staff were friendly and efficient.
Had to do another visit on our last evening which was just as enjoyable.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. After all, the reviews were all very good. However, the three of us absolutely loved the food, the atmosphere and the service at this restaurant.

We phoned to check there was space for us, and were being welcomed in within half an hour.

Everything we ate (and I really do mean every single mouthful) was truly delicious. We would happily return to this restaurant again and again.

Particular highlights: the small-but-perfectly-formed nuggets that the Onion Bhaji came with were ideal for sharing. The Butter Chicken was superb. And the vegetarian dishes we had were great, too.

Finally, the staff. Happy to share a joke with us. But unobtrusive. Though very attentive when necessary.

All good value, too!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Iv eaten here on many occasions and have never had a bad experience. I came with my husband and 3 son's and we all enjoyed our meals. I had the chicken dinner which was so tasty. My son's had 3 children's chicken dinners and my partner had lamb. We all love the gravy. My partner said the lamb was tender and well cooked. Well done to the kitchen and head chef Dan. Service was excellent as always such friendly staff. Will be returning soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Superb lunch eaten here a few times with my family definatly recommend. Nepali Evening food is also delicious.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Popped in here for lunch today with my elderly Dad and 8yr old nephew. I try to take Dad for a pub lunch on a Saturday, we haven't been for two weeks so thought we would try something a bit 'posher'. We were all disappointed, should have realised thus when looking at the random, low end menu choices.
The restaurant was only at 50% capacity despite local café's and the pub being full at lunchtime but I put down to Regency59 being a little more expensive.
Firstly the gentleman taking our order didn't have a notepad which was noticeable as he had to repeat the order that arrived was wrong but we'd waited almost an hour so we just got on and ate it; Dad is too elderly to trek from place to place.
Condiments were empty.
Dead flies on the widow sill near our seat.
Waited 45mins for the food only to find fish and chips were overcooked and supermarket 'value brand' I was hungry but couldn't finish my chicken which was supposed to be a Milanese style but essentially a tomato sauce overloaded with onions.
Little one's chicken burger was a bread roll with a slice of chicken in it - see photo.
Looks like most of the positive reviews here relate to the evening menu of Indian food. Service was nob existent with no-one checking back to see if everything was okay.
Avoid, avoid for lunch.