“Gorgeous place for a light lunch, coffee and cake!”

The Art Shop & Chapel
Ranked #26 of 112 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Imaginative and delicious food and drink - rhubarb cordial, asparagus with horseradish, fantastic coffee...! Surrounded by amazing artworks, this is Abergavenny's best kept culinary and cultural secret...

4  Thank Joinedupwriting

Reviewed 24 October 2015

We ate here on what was a busy lunch time.I ordered a lovely beef stew with horse radish scone.10/10.This is my second time here and I can honestly say I have not had better than at the Chapel.

3  Thank Colin R
Reviewed 11 October 2015

We came for lunch to this café on Saturday and the most wonderful lunch.I had the veg and beef ragout and my husband had a chorizo stew.It really was excellent food.

3  Thank lisa B
Reviewed 6 October 2015

We were recommended this cafe by a family member and it didn't disappoint. The coffees and teas were served promptly and the menu was interesting and different, based on local, seasonal produce. The prices were very reasonable too.

4  Thank vicky_fairy
Reviewed 8 September 2015

We came across this little gem today down a back street in Abergvenny.
The kitchen serves many interesting and different dishes, makes it hard to pick.
The surroundings of the art shop, ceramics, books and art supplies make for a laid back atmosphere.
They run loads of classes.
Our dogs were given a cool bowl of water.
I had a salad of local warmed figs with Ricotta cheese and honey dressing placed on a salad of beautiful different leaves and flowers, it was to die for, washed down with a local ale and followed on by a Samson and custard tart.
My other half had a pimiento pepper salad with saucisson and a rich tomato dressing.plus a good red wine.
Just such a real shame we don't live closer this would definitely be a regular eating house.

4  Thank Georgina V