“Different - and all the better for it”
Review of Gurkha Corner

Gurkha Corner
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2018

2 of us, early friday evening (opens 5.30). Greeted warmly. prompt service.

Some of the staples you'd expect in a curry house and some fifferent ones too. Mate and I agreed that we'd just had the best Peshwari (?) naan bread of our lives. Then Nettle chicken curry for friend (excellent) and lamb chatpata (with lemon and fenugreek) for me. Also excellent. Gurkha roll and tandoor-cooked paneer starters. 2 big beers. A bit over £30. I'd book if I were you..

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Visiting Abergavenny for the day and this place had been recommended by a friend who works in the town.
The restaurant opens at 12.00 so we were surprised when on trying to enter we were met by a tradesperson leaving who told us it was not yet open. However, after walking around the block we came back and although there was still a little bit of work going on it did not affect the welcome we were given. A few quick movements of furniture and we were seated. Profuse apologies followed.
The lunch menu was a little restricted for us veggies, basically one curry and a Thali but the quality of the curry more than made up for the slight inconvenience of only having two options. My partner had a bottle of water and I had a bottle of Gurkha beer, which was quite pleasant. as we had not had starters we had two poppadums' which came with two sauces. Total bill was £22.50
The venue is pleasant with nice décor. Due to way the tables are laid out less abled dinners might have a little difficulty in manoeuvring through the restaurant, that being said given the helpfulness of the staff I am sure that they would facilitate access.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

we were a party of 8 on a night out we had booked the restaurant and were not disappointed a wonderful place with nice atmosphere and great food

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I am not vegetarian but my friend is and I always think it is nice to share Indian dishes. We were really impressed with all of tbe food we ordered. Sag Paneer main, side dishes of chickpea and aubergine, pilau rice and peshwari nan. All delicious and more than we could eat. I don't usually do doggy bag but .....

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Service is always fantastic and the staff always take the time to make you feel welcome, the food can be altered to your required taste if needed and the menu is explained with genuine enthusiasm. A delight to try different food from Nepal and both lunch and dinner menus will surprise you, a blend of great flavours, excellently cooked and presented. Wonderful warm atmosphere and one to rival any restaurant I have eaten in. The staff have become good friends and always provide a warm welcome, no negatives for me except I live to far away to eat here every day!

1  Thank Foggy H