“Lovely Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We live in Abergavenny and the Cantreff Inn is one of our favourite places to eat in the evening but we had not tried the Sunday lunch menu before. So we visited today and had a superb experience! This is not your average pub grub - this was a fine dining experience. I had the roast beef - superbly moist and tender beef with crispy roast potatoes, roast parsnips, delicately spiced red cabbage, fine green beans - which I love - and exquisite proper beef gravy - absolute heaven! My wife had a vegetarian Thai curry, which was delicious. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, excellent service and easy parking. Brilliant!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank James D

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

i went here with my family for a day out,as soon as we left we were dying to go back.very sociable and presentable staff the food was delicious and extremely well presented.a little on the expensive side but believe you me the food is special and worth it,especially the tomatoes.

1  Thank kymwright61
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We called here on a visit to Abergavenny because as we went passed there was good parking, and they were serving lunch until 3pm, a quick check on here and all the last half dozen or so reviews were 5 star, so we stopped off.

We were so glad we did, it has been newly, tastefully refurbished, with new friendly owners and most importantly the food... not a huge choice, 3 or 4 of starters, mains, desserts... which (in my book) bodes well, and usually means everything is fresh..... and it was, 2 of us had the Guinea fowl and one the cod and chips, absolutely delicious, every mouthful was yummy, we wish we’d ordered extra chips as tasting my hubbys (real) chips and they were yummy too.... then, 2 of us had chocolate fondant and one the panacotta, again excellent... we wished we’d had starters as well, and, next time (there’s definitely going to be a next time) we will!

Simply stunning food... go, you won’t regret it!

2  Thank pippap36
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Can’t believe we haven’t eaten in the Cantref before. It’s everything you could want - great home-cooked food, relaxed atmosphere, friendly buzz. They are going to be in the good beer guide - that says it all. Will go back - often!

1  Thank JaneSmith_10
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful Sunday lunch today. Possibly the best passion fruit sorbet I’ve ever eaten. Looking forward to my next visit. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2018