“Wedding present”

Afternoon Tea at the Angel
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Angel Hotel is a member of the prestigious UK Tea Guild having previously held an ‘Award of Excellence’ since 2008. Only nine hotels outside of London have achieved this. In 2011 The Angel Hotel were proud recipients of The Tea Guild’s top national award, the Oscar of the tea world. Each morning our specialist baker, Sally Lane freshly prepares the sandwiches, savouries, cakes and scones ready for the afternoon. The following are our service times for Afternoon Tea & High Tea: Monday - Friday; Afternoon Tea and High Tea are served in our Wedgewood room from 2.00pm - 4.00pm. Saturday & Sunday; High Tea only; served in our Wedgewood room from 2.00pm - 5.30pm.
Reviewed 10 July 2018

This was a brilliant treat given to us as a wedding present by our motor club. Welcome was good and the food was delectable. Unable to eat it all so boxes were available for taking the rest home.

3  Thank arianwen393
Charlotte G, Manager at Afternoon Tea at the Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you had a brilliant treat as part of your wedding present.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

A proper afternoon tea, served politely and efficiently, crisp tablecloths, all very civilised. A choice of canapes, classic sandwiches, and mini cream cakes. in the middle a fresh, warm scone with butter, jam, cream, clotted cream - your choice. Fortunately we'd taken the staff's advice and not reserved a table for dinner - and they were correct. A tea and coffee menu provided probably the widest choice I've ever seen and the opportunity to try them all if you had sufficient capacity. Oh and 'bubbles' if desired. Good bubbles!
Afternoon tea is a British classic and the expectation is often not met. The Angel delivers, in spades; if you're looking for an afternoon tea, look no further.
Will be back

3  Thank muddyoldengr

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you had a proper afternoon tea with efficiency which was delivered in spades.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had the afternoon tea and I went to a funeral lunch here last week.the quality is grand 5 star.great friendly staff.rooms are very luxurious and a car available as well to explore the area.brilliant all around .

2  Thank jackson_w6

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you had an excellent funeral lunch tea with 5 star quality.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

I was taken here for Afternoon Tea as a Birthday Treat recently. We were shown to a special room where the Afternoon/HIgh Teas were served (Wedgewood Room?). We started with a glass of Prosecco (not included with Afternoon Tea) and were given a long list of teas to choose from. We chose the Angel Afternoon Blend which was lovely and served in delightful cast iron teapots.
Tea consisted of a selection of sandwiches, cakes and small pots of Eton Mess and later warm scones with cream and jam. The Angel have their own Bakery so everything is very fresh. The waiters were attentive but not intrusive. It was early in the week so the room was not full but I had the impression that nothing is ever rushed and people are allowed to enjoy their experience at a leisurely pace. We couldn't manage to eat all our cakes so the waiter took away the remainder and put them in a box tied up with ribbon for us to take home.

Afternoon Tea is £25 and I believe booking is necessary but I would recommend The Angel Hotel to anyone wanting Afternoon Tea and a very pleasant experience.

3  Thank RosannahG
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Outstanding the service and food we had here was the best afternoon tea I’ve ever had and I’ve had a few we had the high tea the pastries were still hot and a beautiful array of cakes something for everyone .There was also Eaton mess to go with the fresh cakes and warm scones they will box up if you can’t eat it all .The staff are a credit to the hotel far far better than the Celtic manor I wouldn’t go back there now thank you so much I even had a cake with a candle for my birthday I can’t wait to come back

2  Thank johnfamily49

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you had an excellent birthday tea.