“What a fab little cafe”
Review of Cwtch Cafe

Cwtch Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Abergavenny
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Met friends here for lunch, had new iced frappe with panini which was excellent with a fresh salad which even had radish, my friend had homemade spring onion quiche which was a fab vegetarian option. We both finished it all, big smiles on our faces and the staff who were friendly and chatty. Def my new place for lunch

JLNicholson2018, Owner at Cwtch Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our homemade food and our new Frappes! I will be introducing afew new dishes to our menu over the next few weeks, so when you are in Abergavenny next pop in and have a try!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Visited this restaurant for a late breakfast on 20 June 2018. Ordered eggs benedict which was quite nice BUT the side salad hardly inspired confidence in the hygiene f the place. Most of the salad leaves were past their best to say the least. Some were so far gone they were black and slimy. Putting these to one side, when I paid my bill, I took the opportunity to bring my concerns to the person at the till. She did apologise but it did not seem very sincere, although she did say she would discuss it with the person who prepared the meal. Not great!

JLNicholson2018, Owner at Cwtch Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Paul,

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience at the Cwtch Cafe. We pride our selves on providing the freshest produce available daily from our local supplers. I am very disappointed to read your review as this doesn’t reflect on our normal service, which you can see from our reviews since I took over the Cwtch Cafe in March 2018. As I do not work on a Wednesday, due to my baking commitments, Please may I kindly ask that you give me abit more feedback on which member of staff served you that day, so that I can look into this matter further?

When you are next in Abergavenny, please pop in so that I can offer you some complimentary drinks.

Jo ( owner)

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Popped in for mid morning coffee and ended up with cake too!

Great selection of homemade cakes (more than 10 types) including fruit pie, scones and some gluten free options.

Staff were friendly and quick.

Coffee and cake costs £4.50.

Breakfast and lunch menu looked nice but will have to wait for our next visit.

JLNicholson2018, Owner at Cwtch Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. I’m glad you enjoyed your experience at the Cwtch Cafe and my lovely homemade cakes!

Hopefully we will see you again soon for some lunch.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We recently popped in for breakfast and my wife had the eggs benedict (£6.95) and large cappuccino (£2.70) while I had scrambled eggs on two slices of toast (£3.90), a toasted teacake (£2.25) on the side and a large Americano (£2.40).
My wife's eggs were cooked to perfection while my scrambled eggs were plentiful and tasty. My teacake was the size of a dustbin lid, almost! The coffee was very good.

The price we paid was reasonable and the service was very quick. They don't take cards so make sure you have cash.

There were plenty of disabled parking spaces right outside and there was level access to the cafe. At the time we visited (9.30am on a Wednesday) it was quiet so my wife found it easy to pass through in her wheelchair and park at a suitable table. It would probably have been a lot more difficult for her had it been busier.

JLNicholson2018, Owner at Cwtch Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I remember seeing you and your wife today. I’m glad you both enjoyed your experience at the Cwtch Cafe. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We visited for breakfast the pancake stack with bacon and maple syrup was very good.Others in the group had savoury and cake treats all consumed with great coffee and tea!!Nice staff only lost a point ,because you can't reserve a table!!

JLNicholson2018, Owner at Cwtch Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your experience and homemade food and cakes at the Cwtch Cafe. Unfortunately we don’t reserve tables as we are only a small cafe. However, when you are in Abergavenny next, please make sure you come in and I’ll make sure you get a table.