1,092 results
All reviews afternoon tea high tea castle cottage sandwiches lovely hotel coaching inn deluxe room car park without exception take home a real treat wine list high street public areas special occasion weekend break smoked salmon
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely stay at the Angel. Beautiful hotel with a great ambience.

As you enter the bedroom classical music is softly playing creating an air of calm. Tea, coffee and water is provided in the room.

Service throughout was of the highest order with friendly capable staff whilst breakfast had a wide ranging choice and well cooked.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ACelticTraveller
Charlotte G, Manager at Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and you experienced the highest order of service.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a stay at The Angel Hotel in Abergavenny and it couldn’t have been better. The staff are very professional, friendly and attentive. The high tea was delicious, lots of lovely savoury treats as well as sandwiches, scones and cakes and wonderful selection of teas. I booked a four poster deluxe room which was gorgeous. The tasteful decor and attention to detail was superb e.g. flowers in the room, shortbread baked in the kitchens, bathrobes & luxurious soft furnishings.
In the evening we had cocktails in the bar and they were excellent. Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and beautiful surroundings. We slept so well in the comfortable bed and breakfast was very good. I loved every minute of my time spent in the hotel, it’s a very special place. I can’t wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nickyrhondda2016
Charlotte G, Manager at Angel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed staying in our Four Poster bedroom and staff were friendly and professional. It is a further pleasure to read you enjoyed every minute of your time spent in the hotel.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Called in for a coffee and was delighted. The service was very pleasant and swift. It was a horrible evening out but with the fire burning and such a lovely atmosphere you forgot about it. We will go back to sample the food after hearing other guest speak about it.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank catherinelloyd143

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your coffee and service was very pleasant.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

We attended my nieces wedding and the attention to detail was fantastic. The food was excellent and the rooms were great. They looked after us from the time we arrived to the time we left. The facilities that they have to 'put on' a wedding are exceptional. The Hotel is well decorated and everything is finished to a high standard. Staff were helpful, friendly and fun.

Room tip: Our room didn't have a spectacular view but it was very comfortable. (no. 15)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Eironwy

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted you found the attention to detail fantastic with excellent food, and great rooms.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

We were staying at a hotel 1 mile away and came into the town centre for breakfast each morning. We really did want a substantial breakfast rather than a coffee shop pastry. We did a fair amount of research and day 1 we went to Luigi's. Although ok, produce wasn't really the high standard we would have liked. There are a few in town that are the same (we decided that based on price). We went to The Angel. It's a strange room. Only a few tables are suitable for sitting at for eating as the middle has large sofas. I'm not sure how many rooms are at The Angel but I'm not sure how they manage to fit people having breakfast in such a small bar with 4 - 5 tables. But they do? Unless there's somewhere else? Food was gorgeous!! Our 1st breakfast unfortunately had a few mishaps. No fried bread and when it arrived we were given 1 piece. I explained that neither of us had any and the way they looked was if it was supposed to be half a tiny slice. But they quickly bought out another slice. My husband asked for mustard but nothing arrived. Tea is at an eye watering price of £3.50. However....we wanted good food again and came the next day (Sunday). FAR better service. No hitches, efficient friendlier and more professional service. Food faultless. I had a latte this time ;-)

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

You had breakfast in our Foxhunter Bar; there is a lower area to the bar and the extended section up the stairs. Our residents eat in our Oak Room restaurant which is a much larger area.

I am pleased to read you came again on Sunday for another breakfast and service was professional, friendly and food was faultless.