“Love the Sunday roasts - and the Tapas on Thursdays”
Review of Jolly Colliers Inn

Jolly Colliers Inn
Ranked #30 of 112 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I almost didn't write a review just in case too many people catch on to what a great eating place this is and we can't then get a table ....... but realised I was being selfish! We knew Claudio when he was at the fabulous Pizzorante in Abergavenny so great service was a given. The sign of a good restaurant is a limited menu done well and on a Sunday they have a choice of 3 roasts + a veggie option with a variety of beautifully cooked veg dishes. Claudio's wife is the chef and having lived in Mallorca for 7 years prepares the Thursday tapas dishes with some Mallorcan specialities included. All the staff are friendly and there's a lovely beer garden for the warm weather.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Delicious tapas at the Jolly Collier last night. Great menu, I had the most delicious biggest king prawns I’ve ever had in garlic, lovely calamari & chicken skewers, friends had the paella, meatballs, whitebait to name a few. Going back very soon with my husband!!

1  Thank TaniaVanDV
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Enjoyed a wonderful tapas experience as a group of four. Staff were so friendly and food divine. We will certainly be returning possibly to try Sunday lunch. It's a wonderful drive there too from Abergavenny

1  Thank Nonnaedwina
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Recently visited the jolly colliers with friends for tapas,the food was outstanding,and we were all very impressed.Friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere. Will definitely be returning.

1  Thank kellyannjns
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Went here with friends for a meal, the food is simply outstanding and Claudio the gaffer is superb at making you feel welcome.
I honestly feel you will struggle to find food better than this I had belly pork and will be having it again next time I visit.
Great place, superb food.

1  Thank lions1964ml