“A wonderful discovery”
Review of The Little Treat

The Little Treat
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Abergavenny
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Loads of sandwiches to choose from, and grilled ones are available. The light snacks menu is a joy - Belgian Waffles with blueberries & maple syrup, toasted bagels & teacakes, scones (with clotted cream and jam if you like). There is sourdough toast (with jam, marmalade or Marmite), or crumpets.

A signature dish is their Welsh Rarebit – a sourdough toast the topping of which involves mustard, Welsh ale and a “secret ingredient”. (This was recommended by a local and, although I didn’t have it myself, I did ask about the dish. I was given excellent tips about how to recreate a good approximation at home, but the final ingredient remains their secret!).

However tempting those all are, think seriously about the focaccia style pizzas which have thick but feather-light bases and are the best in the area. They come with a side salad, of the currently fashionable mix of leaves, but with the clever addition of a portion of balsamic vinegar & oil as a dipping sauce cum dressing with the pizza. This was a new experience for me, and it worked very well. It made it something really special.

A good dessert menu to finish with. The coffee’s good as well – a reasonable, unpretentious selection that would suit most people – and a lot of other drinks available as well.

Overall, a cleverly balanced menu, with lots of little gems to tempt the unwary, and even a good selection for the kids - perhaps let them have tasty but healthy options while Mum & Dad indulge?

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I had coffee and welsh rarebit here on Sunday and I have to say it was great. Customer service was above and beyond, coffee was very nice and the rarebit was pretty damn good as well. My only real regret was I didnt try any of the Guinness cake but didnt think it would be the best idea just before climbing Sugar Loaf.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful owners who were very polite and informative. Food was excellent, the waffle is to die for!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We have always walked past this little gem not being able to get in. We where lucky today and got to try it! We where blown away by the vast menu and the delicious ice creams.. Snooz you loose people.. very friendly and fantastic value for money.. we will definitely by back. Thank you so much..

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

So glad we found this place!! Would 100% recommend the grilled Italian sandwich!! It was yummy! coffee was really good too! Best chai latte I’ve had in ages!
Excellent service, and lovely staff!! We also tasted Italian gelato there, delicious!