1,177 results
All reviews leisure facilities coach parties sauna and steam room lovely hotel swimming pool coach trip buffet style good size double bed north wales reception area evening meal reception staff public areas caernarfon castle town centre family room
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Beautiful hotel, good food and great staff. We've been here twice now for our annual dance weekend and would recommend it to any dance group. We ate in the ballroom as there were 80 people and the service was a bit slow at dinner but there were a lot of us to serve. Would certainly go back again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
celticroyalhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Celtic Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Sue,

Were were thrilled to read your positive feedback of the ballroom

Please rest assured that your comments regarding dinner service have been taken on board and we will look into the issues raised

We hope you will stay with us again in the future

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Have been staying in this hotel on several occasions for over a year. Staff very friendly and helpful and close to all local restaurants and bars etc in Caernarfon. Definitely recommend for business or pleasure.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback

We were delighted to read your praise of the Celtic Royal Hotel staff and facilities

We hope to welcome you back again soon

Kind Regard

Reviewed 20 May 2017

a well tended old hotel [with some interior renovations]
large room w a double and single bed
electrical switches take some getting used to=they are all by the door [basically]
again a travelers hotel w no clothes line to dry wash in bathroom
problem w bed linen=they don't tuck in the head of the bed, so your sheet comes loose very easily [don't know if they don't fit or are just done that way]
we were w a group tour & had our own dining room=not a problem
other thing-linen & towels in the halls [new & used]=because only one elevator

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leo t

Dear Leo,

Thank you for your feedback, we were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your private dining room

We have taken your comments on board - we hope you will visit us again in the future

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Below is an email which i sent to Celtic Royal after my baby shower, this email gives factual and detailed information of how my babyshower went- as you can see by the lengthy email, I was of course, not happy. The reply in which i received FOUR DAYS LATER after a second email attempt to contact them was of an abrupt, and patronising manner (as the below review given regarding the same babyshower given by Catrin)), I was made out to be a liar regarding foods and services (that food was not crap and FROZEN, and that staff were swanning about throughout the babyshower and apparently have cctv proof), I was made out to be stupid (as I was given am explanation of what an afternoon tea was) and was quite frankly told "why did we not complain during the day of the shower" which I did via the below email. I am absolutely disgusted with the whe situation to which all i expected was an apology, recognition of their services and to assure me that it would not happen to anyone else, but of course, I was replied to with a snotty email. I will be taking this matter further, and in an attempt to PROVE that my guests we as disatisfied as myself they will also in time be writing their own reviews regarding rhe shower... because apparently according to Celtic Royal, all my guests stated to their staff that they loved everything about the day- upon asking my guests they have all simply told me that NO we were NOT asked such questions and the day was rubbish-
I feel the need to email you in complaint regarding this. Unfortunately I am completely dissatisfied with the service, food etc which we received... The price which we had paid was £9.50 per head- which is fair enough for afternoon tea, OF A SATISFACTORY STANDARD, but as we had paid you a sum of £196.50 for this afternoon tea/baby shower, I'm sorry but I expected FAR more, the sandwiches we were provided with- not enough for the amount of people attending the shower for one, and 4 people didnt turn up, so if they had, we would of had a problem.- they were not of a satisfactory standard, for example- the beef was hard and stringy nearly inedible inside the sandwiches. And as stated, not enough sandwiches for the amount of guests and the amount of money paid per head.
The "cakes" which we were provided with, I'm sorry, but they were completely unacceptable, for £9.50 a head I expected bara brith, Victoria sponge and home made scones, as you would of received in any other restaurants/cafe which serve afternoon​ tea, 4 scones were provided for each table OF SIX, and your "cakes"?? the cream tasted off in each and every one of the cakes, they were all warm, and were of a ridiculous size, party size, and 3 of each, which again were not enough for each table OF SIX, clearly from a local supermarket, and It is not acceptable for an expensive afternoon tea in my opinion.
The tea and coffee provided FOR A TABLE OF SIX was of luke warm temp, and was once again- not enough, the same with the tea and milk.
Upon my arrival the room was decorated with pink jewels... I'm having a boy... (even though I did find this humourous). The room was layed out so that nobody was able to speak to each other therefore giving a gloomy atmosphere as we were all seperated, and the lights were off.
I have received complaints off near enough every single guest who attended my baby shower today, and I am devistated, I had looked forwad so much to today and I feel that I, and my family and friends have been let down, I am really upset of this, we chose yourselves as a venue due to my previous good experience during a wedding, and recommendations (One of the guests who has previously attended a baby shower at your venue was disappointed as her experience in the other baby shower was great and well worth the money, unlike todays).

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Sasha354
celticroyalhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Celtic Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

The response to the above review has already been answered to your friend CATRIN on the 16th May, please refer to this.
Please note we do have “in house security”, as this is obviously for the safeguard and protection of all staff and customers, and is useful in assisting us if we need to investigate and confirm accurate details of any events. Our findings show that your group were checked 10 times during your 2 hour visit by staff and management, thus giving ample opportunity to air any grievance you had on the day(which you did not) and allow us to rectify any problems you may have had.
Thanking you.
Customer care,
Celtic Royal Hotel.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days on bed, breakfast and evening meal basis; as the central base for a golf break. The hotel is central and has a good size car park. The staff at reception were very friendly on arrival and were quick and efficient, in allocating keys for rooms, Our twin room, 139, was quiet and comfortable with tea/coffee facility, TV and free toiletries. The breakfast menu was comprehensive and plentiful; from a full selection of fruit juices, boxed cereals, fruit and yogurt, and ham and cheese. Complemented, if required after this, with a full English. The service staff were very friendly and attentive, constantly on hand to provide racks of toast as well as fresh tea and coffee. The 3 course evening meal did not disappoint either, with at least 3 tasty choices for each course. The leisure facilities are very good and were enjoyed by all our party of 12. The reception staff were again very helpful in providing information, with a free map, about local places of interest within walking distance, including Caernarfon castle, the marina and plenty of public houses all within a 10 minute walk. The local 'Wetherspoons' is one of the best we've visited.

Stayed: May 2017