Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$46
SAVE US$2
Agoda.comUS$46
Destinia.comUS$46
All reviews burger king petrol station room was clean family room easy access budget hotel one night stay short drive night's sleep zip wire greggs spar snowdonia onsite base kettle university
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2020

We travelled to Bangor this weekend to take part in a charity walk up Snowdon in support of the Sheffield Steelkings Para Ice Hockey team and Help for Heroes, staying the Saturday night at Travelodge Bangor.

On the way to the mountain the following morning my car was damaged by floodwater, totally disabling it.

Rachel and her team at Travelodge Bangor went above and beyond to help us while we tried to sort things out when everything was going wrong for us.

I really can’t thank them enough for going out of their way to help us.

We eventually got back to Sheffield on Monday evening after what was a very long and expensive weekend for me (my car was basically scrap)

Without the team at the Travelodge I don’t know what we’d have done. They made a disastrous weekend into a manageable one.

On the plus side, the rest of the Steelkings made it to the top and back, raising nearly £1300.

Thank you Rachel & the team at Travelodge Bangor ❤️❤️

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank petef938
Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

A typical 2 star Travelodge - clean and efficient. Only gripe is that after all the hype none of the staff - either front desk or cleaning - plus half of the clientele bothered with masks or social distancing

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank A9065MIstevee
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed for one night whilst touring Snowdonia,booked the ‘meal deal’ and found it be very good value, room was spotless and comfortable, excellent service throughout and very well organised under covid conditions. We would definitely stay again. Many Thanks

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2020

We stayed here for 4 nights, the hotel is very basic but our room was fairly clean. We used it as a base to explore North West Wales. The staff were really friendly and we don't have any complaints. There was plenty of free parking and there is a burger king, Greggs, subway, and a fuel station at the services in which this is located. Definitely a good option if on a budget or you simply don't want to splash out on more luxurious accommodation.

Reviewed 11 September 2020 via mobile

Traveled around wales in my converted camper van this week, stayed here for one night for a big last day, to make sure I was clean and slept tidy.. this was by far my worst sleep the whole trip.

The room was terrible, carpet, sheets and curtains all damp.

Windows where absolutely stinking.

small tv was to far from the double bed - and when swivelled to face to bed, was tucked behind the been where they had knocked the wall through (so couldn’t even see full screen) I ended up using my iPad to watch films.

No plug sockets near to the bed, and only one socket free for the whole room yet some how this was meant to sleep 3?

Terrible DIY repairs on the dressing table

Chips in the bath and very dirty in corners and around the taps.

Was under the influence I paid for a tidy breakfast but ended up paying for a small box with carton of milk and cereal to take with me.

AND TO TOP IT OFF I HEARED EVERY FOOTSTEP OF THE PERSON STAYING ABOVE ME! Kept waking me up from 1:30am to 6:30am I had a terrible night sleep and was so tired for snowdon, the zip wire and 4.5hour drive home the next day.. NOT GOOD!

I haven’t had a “how was your stay” email off them yet, I can clearly see why.

Booking reference: 1514557977

Stayed in Room 8 on 09/09/20

See photos for evidence.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Ben from the Social Media Team UK, Other at Travelodge Bangor Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are really sorry to hear that you encountered many issues during your stay with us.

We strive to offer the best service possible for our guests so please accept our apologies that we did not succeed in doing so on this occasion.

As your experience was not up to our usual standards, could we kindly ask you to contact our Customer Services Team via our website help form, with a copy of your review, so that we can look into this further for you.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to hear from you soon.