All reviews burger king petrol station room was clean family room easy access budget hotel one night stay short drive night's sleep zip wire greggs spar snowdonia onsite base kettle university
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed for one night whilst touring Snowdonia,booked the ‘meal deal’ and found it be very good value, room was spotless and comfortable, excellent service throughout and very well organised under covid conditions. We would definitely stay again. Many Thanks

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2020

We stayed here for 4 nights, the hotel is very basic but our room was fairly clean. We used it as a base to explore North West Wales. The staff were really friendly and we don't have any complaints. There was plenty of free parking and there is a burger king, Greggs, subway, and a fuel station at the services in which this is located. Definitely a good option if on a budget or you simply don't want to splash out on more luxurious accommodation.

Reviewed 11 September 2020 via mobile

Traveled around wales in my converted camper van this week, stayed here for one night for a big last day, to make sure I was clean and slept tidy.. this was by far my worst sleep the whole trip.

The room was terrible, carpet, sheets and curtains all damp.

Windows where absolutely stinking.

small tv was to far from the double bed - and when swivelled to face to bed, was tucked behind the been where they had knocked the wall through (so couldn’t even see full screen) I ended up using my iPad to watch films.

No plug sockets near to the bed, and only one socket free for the whole room yet some how this was meant to sleep 3?

Terrible DIY repairs on the dressing table

Chips in the bath and very dirty in corners and around the taps.

Was under the influence I paid for a tidy breakfast but ended up paying for a small box with carton of milk and cereal to take with me.

AND TO TOP IT OFF I HEARED EVERY FOOTSTEP OF THE PERSON STAYING ABOVE ME! Kept waking me up from 1:30am to 6:30am I had a terrible night sleep and was so tired for snowdon, the zip wire and 4.5hour drive home the next day.. NOT GOOD!

I haven’t had a “how was your stay” email off them yet, I can clearly see why.

Booking reference: 1514557977

Stayed in Room 8 on 09/09/20

See photos for evidence.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Ben from the Social Media Team UK, Other at Travelodge Bangor Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are really sorry to hear that you encountered many issues during your stay with us.

We strive to offer the best service possible for our guests so please accept our apologies that we did not succeed in doing so on this occasion.

As your experience was not up to our usual standards, could we kindly ask you to contact our Customer Services Team via our website help form, with a copy of your review, so that we can look into this further for you.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2020

We are regular Travelodge visitors and despite the 4 star absolutely loved this one. So why the 4 star and not a 5?

On the 'up' side - being an older hotel the room was massive - like probably a good 50% larger than the news rooms and was superbly clean, tidy and comfortable. The staff were all friendly and helpful. And bonus of all bonuses it had 2 chairs - a long standing whinge of ours. Room for 2, 1 chair, I like to use my computer at then end of the fay to process my work, the wife likes to read, so for us the 2 chairs is a big thing (how sad is that?).

Now the 'down's - The room is showing signs of age, the floor boards are not even, aged over the years I guess. An interesting feeling underfoot. The wash basin was cracked (though seemed not to appreciably leak), the extractor fan didn't - it just didn't work.

Overall it is a great place to stay and use as a base to explore N Wales which is what we used it for. It does exactly what it should do, clean, comfortable, parking.

Special note:- We'd like to say what a fabulous job the housekeeping team are doing. We saw a couple in action as we left and I kind you not they were even scrubbing clean the TV remote. Attention to detail was incredible and we took the time to tell them how much we appreciated them. From their reaction it seems like we were the only people ever to do so - so please - remember the housekeeping team who make that room clean and comfortable for you. Take the time to say thank you to them.

Date of stay: September 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 September 2020

Just as we entered the room we found a lump of hair on the carpet. A hair was on the bed aswell. Hand sanitiser unit was not working at all. Back of the bathroom doors had partly wiped mould on it. But the most discusting was the smell. Especially in the corridor. Thank god for masks as you could just throw up from the smell. We left early morning and came back late evening and it still had piles of bed linen in the corridors. Fair enough it is an old building but it is filthy. We have not seen anyone in the reception after we picked the keys.

Trip type: Travelled with family