All reviews small car park jacuzzi bath street parking buffet style poor reviews quiet at night bottled water enjoyable stay breakfast was excellent town centre telly rear pubs prom
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We’ve stayed here previously a few years ago and had a pleasant stay, but this weekend was not as good. The rooms were lovely, however a few things spoilt our stay.

Intruder - we were in a block at the rear of the hotel and had an intruder try to come into our room in the early hours- twice. I rang the hotel owner and they said they’d come and look, I’m not sure if they did but fifteen minutes later our door handle was being tried again. My husband confronted the would be intruder and it was a very drunk young man. As a family with two young children we were very frightened. Spoke to the receptionist this morning, who simply offered an apology and no reassurance at all.
Third floor, one staircase, single glazed windows- our room was on the third floor, with only one staircase as a means of escape in case of fire. The windows were single glazed and low so again a worry for young children.
Smoking- the block stunk of cigarette smoke.

So all in all it did not feel very safe and we won’t be back.

The room facilities were nice, but needed a bit of attention - wobbly taps, sensor light that flashed on and off at twenty second intervals throughout the night and nothing was really spotless. But there were nice touches like a roll top bath and tv in the bathroom.

There is a hotel chain opposite so will head there next time as think the safety and service will be better.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank higginsa
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Pictures advertised are not a true reflection of the rooms, although they were clean and had all the basics. Parking was abysmal, you could fit maybe 9 cars on site but you risk blocking other vehicles, so are advised to give your telephone and room number to be contacted. We had to park on the seafront as all surrounding areas had restrictions. Breakfast was also very disappointing, poor quality food with unorganized set up. Would not recommend at this price.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nadine W
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I stayed here whilst revisiting an area where I've previously lived. There has been a lot of development in the town lately including new chain hotels. I was keen to support a local business though so selected the competitively priced Four Seasons.
I wouldn't say that the hotel was able to match a new hotel but it is an old building and it was clear to me that they were trying very hard to remain relevant. The staff were obliging, the rooms comfortable too. The location is spot on (although prepare for some challenges with parking but that is an issue to raise with Ceredigion County Council).
In summary, it isn't the best hotel in the world but it is a long established, locally owned and run business which does a very good job of competing in a highly competitive market place.

Room Tip: Try and get a space to the rear of the hotel to avoid worrying about parking tickets!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I have stayed (as a single female) in this hotel at least twice before and would agree that the old part of the building was a little tired. Having said that the rooms - always at an economy price (£45 - £55 for a single) have always had reasonable facilities. Previously I had not included breakfast. I have never experienced rudeness or poor service.
This time however I was allocated a room in the new block which was absolutely delightful. The room (31 - double) was well-furnished with good hanging space. The ensuite was small but well-appointed. The bed was very comfortable and the curtains were thick and heavy thus cutting out any early intrusion of morning light.
The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast options included cereals, juices, and a cooked buffet. I am a vegetarian and therefore had mushrooms, beans and fried eggs - all hot and tasty. The service was excellent.
The parking, it must be said, is very limited but since I was there on a Saturday night proved no problem - I could park free from 5pm on Saturday and through Sunday.
I note the very poor reviews shown only recently and can only say I had a thoroughly different experience.

Room Tip: Room 31 - a double
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I used our companies new travel company to select a hotel. I wanted bed & breakfast and this was the only choice & it obviously went for the cheapest available price. £46.

I had a lovely welcome at reception & given directions to Room 10. A small single room at the back of the hotel. The door was ~6', so small for me at 6'2". The small room was very warm, so I opened the sash window. The ensuite was through saloon style louvre shutters. The loo was attached to a macerator that sounded like a Merlin engine.

I did get wifi and then went out for dinner. On returning i opened the sash window ~12" for the night, watched Wigan beat Man City& then crashed.

I woke and fealt great. There was light coming in around the top of the curtain. I eased edge of curtain & more light entered. I hopped out of bed, went for a pee & didnt flush it in case the Merlin engine roared into life. Looked at my phone. Alas it was 3:40, i looked back out of the window and the illumination was from a searchlight on a building across the lane. I hopped back into bed and waited for the fan in the loo (attached to light switch) to go off & tried to sleep to no avail. The boiler heater must have sprung into action at 05:10 as the shower head started to drip. After a couple of minutes i hopped out of bed again & placed the shower head in the adjacent basin. Back in bed i waited for the fan in the loo to go off. I couldnt sleep so got up at 06:30, did some work and went to the ensuite to shower.

It was bizarre as you had to run the basin cold tap for ages for it to run cold. The shower switch in the bedroom was on. Jumped in behind the shower screen and turned the shower on. Whichever way i operated the temp and flow controls made no difference. The shower only ran cold. So after my rejuvenating shower, i dressed as quickly as possible. Took my bags down & packed my car. Went back and had a breakfast. It was an average cooked breakfast, probably tainted by my poor experence. Service ok, coffee strong which wasnt rally needed after being awake for so long.

Although the welcome was lovely and the hotel clean, it will be much longer than four seasons before i could even consider returning.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business