Clarach Bay Holiday Village
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$104
Gwesty Cymru(Aberystwyth)
  • Beachfront
Richmond Hotel(Aberystwyth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewschip shopburger barbronze caravanice cream parlourrock poolsprivate chaletswimming poolkids entertainmentsmall arcadeout of seasonnew developmentfamily parkgreat holidayeaster weekendschool holidayscoastal pathfunicular railway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Clarach bay holiday park is nestled in between 2 hills, so almost gives it a valley feel, on arrival you get given a map of the park and the area where you van is located circled, keys, entertainment passes and programme of activities.
The site has a main reception, Shop, caravan sales office, chip shop, pizzeria, arcade and small kids fun fair with a ice cream and burger bar.
The showboat club is the main attraction for me, the entertainment booked on this site has always been to a high standard and it certainly did not disappoint us on this visit, the staff throughout the park truly do make every effort to make your break away as memorable as possible many arrive as strangers and leave as friends.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ben T
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Clarach Bay Holiday village for the half term break. It was just myself and my 3 year old son. I hired a Bronze caravan. I was a bit dubious on booking as they are older caravans over 10 years old. But I had no need to worry. Yes the caravan was older but everything worked was clean tidy all beds clean and freshly made up waiting. A very hot gas fire in the lounge aswell as electric heaters in the bedroom. There was a handle missing on a kitchen cuboard but thats being really picky.
I strongly advise to go for a 2 bedroom caravan that will sleep up to six instead of a 3 birth caravan that sleeps up to 8. Reason being the 2 bedroom caravans have so much more space and a wider kitchen and bigger lounge. Generally bigger space due to no 3rd bedroom. I would also recommend upgrading to a 12 foot wide caravan for very little cost on the bronze caravan.

The staff are all excellent. Andy who I had first contact with on the phone a few times aswell as when there a few times was absolutely fantastic. Professional, helpful, extremely welcoming and friendly. He even put a larger TV in the caravan for my little boy foc which I enquired about. Lovely bloke. Barry and Sean and Gwen were all fantastic with the kids my little boy loved it. Gem the entertainments director was also fantastic making room for my little boy for a halloween party I neglected to book in advance.
Bearing in mind we went last week in October. As we know the weather changes and the site was getting ready to close for the winter (4th November). The beach front had suffered from the recent storms and had a lot of sand and driftwood. Also the childrens fair was mostly closed because of this. Negatives would be fair needs updating and rides repairimg aswell as the amusements. These things need money spending and updating.
But... everything else was open and the small soft play area, the very warm indoor pool, and the outstanding Shownoat Club on site was enough to keep us happy.
The showboat club had something different on everyday. From 645pm to 815pm everyday was kids entertainment and was excellent. After this you have to endure a national link up bingo if thats not your thing but after this most nights the evening acts are fantastic. When I was there there was a nationally recongnised popular illusionist and magician. The UK number 1 UB40 tribute band, and Dream Girls show. And this was the end of the season when it was only about 1/3 full (my opinion)

To conclude. Gorgeous scenary. Very good value for money. Plenty to do on site. Some parts need modernising but all adequate. Excellent staff and entertainment. I recommend this holiday site. I booked from Monday to Friday, but payed for an extra night to staff until the Saturday. I think that says it all.
Wayne & Connor

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank wayne k
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The shop staff are brilliant especially Jess and Binnie I noticed on one of the days there was a shop. I noticed it was massive so I walk in. I walk in and it was bigger than I thought. The staff overall are great I would like to thank everyone who works at clarch bay. Thank you for a great experience. I would also like to say how much entertainment there is concidering that it is in the middle of nowhere

Room Tip: Pick caravans near the shops and entertainment.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank 17woodhousej
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Just returned from relaxing break ,chalet was small but perfect for two and dog. Clean and tidy on arrival with every thing you need.
Beach was rocky and sand good to walk the dog.
On site club house had a place to sit outside with dog.
Place on site to sit in day to have coffee or ice cream.
bad point it did not open till 11.00 and shut early.
You need a car to go anywhere
Good point you can walk over mountain to Aberystwyth on other side there is a funicular railway to take you down in to Aberystwyth, but no good for people with mobility problems.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

After a long drive it was nice to be met with a pleasant friendly check in. I think we had 1 of the oldest caravans on site but it did what it said on the tin (clean and tidy) the site is in a great location right by the beach. As we were pretty much out of season entertainment was minimal but still excellent. Plus we won the quiz 4 nights running. See you again next September

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple