1,276 results
All reviews black swans post office beautiful grounds library bar through travelzoo manor house long drive stately home four poster bed three course meal evening meal old house set menu wedding reception open fire wedding venue short break
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Our son married in Tewkesbury this weekend and we all stayed for 2 nights at this beautiful countryside manor.
This setting is worth 5 stars on its own. It is simply glorious and in Spring with the overflowing daffodils, the new born lambs, the 2 black swans with their clutch of cygnets, it is even more delightful.
Our room was clean and bright, I found the beds very comfortable though quite soft. Other friends said they thought they would find sleeping hard because the beds are soft, and yet they slept well.
Staff were amazing from start to finish and you really felt they wanted you to be welcomed. Anything we asked for, they provided. My husband has had a stroke and needs extra care and they were just so nice.
The wedding breakfast was efficiently served and plentiful and the evening hog roast was great too.
I loved the amount of squashy sofas that we could collapse into in between dancing and the fact it seemed so homely and so grand at the same time.
The breakfast room was very efficient and there was a nice selection of yogurt and fruits and compotes, pastries and you could order full English breakfast which came piping hot. Coffee was good too.
I really could not have wished for a better venue for our son's wedding and would highly recommend the amazing Dumbleton Hall!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Myself and my wife stayed here there was a wedding taking place felt out of place entrance was filthy room carpet hadn't been cleaned bedding was old and worn , bedroom heating wouldn't work. One of the worst country hotels we have stayed in ever wish we had read the other reviews first shame as its such a beautiful building as you drive in its very impressive we even went out for a walk and the dog ends and beer can all round the front of the hotel and next to the gate to the cattle grid there was a bag of garbage beer cans etc. Breakfast average nothing special.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank scottishcouple2016
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Stayed here last night 26/03/2016 got to our room 1 bed maids had to come in and split the beds making 2 very small very small beds am 6ft8 so not very comfartabel as legs were well hanging off the bed ! As we entered the hotel the noise from the wedding party was loud the reception had been taken over by the wedding with a photo booth and other things very hard to get past front of hotel full of rubbish and ciggarette stumps empty glasses and litter. The wifi had been turned off the mangement said sorry its very poor that was that. the carpet in the room hadnt been cleaned as there were black fluff off socks everywere 1 duvet had a 4 inch rip hole and 1 had a brown stain on 1 of the cups was chipped badly the complimentary shower gels lol were pothectic . There was know were to sit down in any of the bars or lounges so we had to sit in the doorway there should be a lounge for non wedding guests there was men urinating at the entrance at night 1 very drubk person was causing a lot of trouble and was asking me did i want to punch him as I am a lot bigger i said no . I am vegitarian the 2 course meal well the vegi option was very very very small my mums meal non vegi was ok . 4 am i said to my mum am freezing guess what no heating I couldnt get out of bed for the toilet it was sol cold the duvets must be summer duvets spoke to 3 other lots of people and all said the same all in different rooms obviously didnt have the boiler on saving money .If your at a wedding here yes its perfect otherwise you feel as if your intruding as the wedding party takes over the whole hotel trust me and yes you need wifi as you get 4g and 3g but it just goes once you have connected .

Room Tip: Dont stop unless your part of a wedding
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed during the recent bank holiday weekend for my friends wedding. The hotel has a lot of character and the rooms are big and comfortable. The grounds are stunning. The hotel put on a beautiful wedding. The organisation was excellent. The food was delicious and the staff were very helpful. Overall a great weekend.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adammawright
Reviewed 24 March 2016

We stayed at Dumbleton Hall for two nights in early March.
Booked the Cotswold suite which I believe is also the bridal suite.
Room has recently been refurbished and is a lovely large room with views over the lake and grounds.Only gripe is that the bathroom radiator did not work hence the room was cold:we did report the problem but it was not fixed during our stay.The wind also
rattled through the bathroom extractor and was quite noisy.
Really good breakfast which was well cooked and plenty of choice.
We had pre booked dinner elsewhere so I cannot comment on the dinner menu.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple