“Excellent Lunch”

The Thatched Tavern
Ranked #7 of 109 Restaurants in Evesham
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A 13th Century public house serving quality cask ales and fresh home cooked food daily. Set on the edge of the Cotstwolds in a country village, the pub itself oozes character with flagstone flooring, Cotswold stone and real log fires. Why not enjoy the relaxed, friendly atmosphere with something from our extensive menu or one of our specials boards. We have two lovely restaurant rooms, and you can also eat in our bar areas. We are a dog-friendly pub, and our guests are welcome to eat in the bar areas with their four-legged friends. We host regular events including live music, quiz and curry evenings and open mic nights. There is something for everyone here at The Thatched Tavern,Honeybourne.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited this pub for lunch to celebrate my birthday. Although we live fairly close, we haven't eaten here for many years. In fact on reflection, we think it may have been 49 years ago on the day we got engaged! Why have we waited so long to return? Not sure, but we will certainly be returning very soon. Although it was very busy with a large party eating there, we were advised to order quickly, which we did. The food arrived quickly. I had the vegetable lasagne and my husband ordered the venison in red wine pie, Both were delicious. For dessert we ordered a Tart Tatin and a Honeybourne Mess (Eton Mess for those who do not live in the Vale of Evesham)! Again delicious. We can thoroughly recommend the Thatched Tavern.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Read reviews on trip advisor so decided to give a go on our visit to Stratford. Friendly staff warm environment roast dinner was one of the best eaten in a pub. Cooked perfectly plentiful & hot. Superb gravy very contented. Starter of fish notes was also top notch. Too full to sample the deserts but eill return as such good value. Well done chef and team Thank you

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Debra9876
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I visited The Thatched Tavern with my partner on a Sunday afternoon for late lunch. After entering and sitting ourselves down, we were unsure if the service was table service or not, as there were no obvious signs or waiting staff around! Once one appeared, we ordered a coke and a rosé wine with lemonade and ice: these arrived ten minutes later - the coke was flat and warm and the rosé was without the lemonade or the ice. We informed the waitress (when one appeared), and she in turn informed she would sort it ‘but would have to come back as the food bell has just gone’. We had starters (great quality, in fairness), but when the mains arrived we had no cutlery at the table! Once again we informed the waitress and were given the aforementioned ‘it’ll get sorted but first I just need to...’ My girlfriend’s main was fairly average, whilst I was perhaps building myself up for disappointment as I expected the ‘Leg of Cotswold Lamb’ to be on the bone, rather than the slices which arrived.

In summary: the Tavern seemed understaffed and it wasn’t a great experience. I get the feeling it’s probably usually better, but I won’t be finding out for myself in a hurry.

P.s. lovely scenery though.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank hun7a
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Our second visit here, as our local pub great food, with homemade chips service was excellent, warm and friendly pub dog's allowed in . Good menu choice

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Getaway397676
Reviewed 24 March 2018

When my parents lived in the area I use to bring them here as we always enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Sadly they are now gone but I have paid several visits in that last few weeks and on each occasion the food, atmosphere and friendliness of the staff and locals has been second to none. We will be back in the area over Easter and fully intend to come back.

Date of visit: January 2018