“Tantalising steak and nice beer”

Scottish Steak Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Scottish Steak Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 248 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Had the fillet steak whilst staying at the hotel, was perfectly cooked and tasty, exactly how I asked for it. The steak was accompanied with a locally brewed ale, and the staff were really friendly and helpful, so I would recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Really enjoyed every time dinner and both breakfast during my stays. Selection is varied with great flavours. Wine selection is good.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I have no tolerance for rudeness or dishonesty. The maitre d flat out lied to me so this will be the basis for this review.

My wife and I are staying at the Macdonald Hotel over the weekend. We received a voucher for 20% at the restaurant, so we stopped by the Maitre D to make a booking go 8:00 pm. She first told me that they were fully booked. I inquired when they would have an opening - she seemed reluctant to offer anything. After indicating that my wife and I were guests at the hotel, she was able to book us for 7:30 pm. A bit earlier than we wanted, but we agreed.

When we arrived at 7:30, the waitress minding the front desk could not find our reservation. She wouldn't seat us. The maitre d came to the front desk and asked how she could help us. I reminded her that we made a reservation just an hour earlier with her. She seemed to not remember us. To her credit, she seated us at a nice corner table.

Shortly after being seated, a waiter came to take our order - we had had time to review the menu. We felt that we were being rushed. A different waitress took our order. We had to repeat our selections several times as her English skills were quite poor.

Our starter and mains took really long to prepare. We didn't see our starter for 25 minutes and our mains took nearly as long.

My steak was quite good. It was good quality but a bit overpriced for the size and quality-29 GBP for 200g fillet. The skinny fries were average.

My wife had the cod, which was drowning in salt so we asked for another unsalted one. It was excellently prepared but very late to arrive. To the restaurant's credit, they did not charge us for this meal.

The desserts were excellent - peppered strawberry shortcake and made to order sundae.

In summary:
Food was 4 stars
Desserts were 5 stars
Restaurant atmosphere 5 stars
Service was 2 stars
Reservation experience was 0 stars

I am intentionally biasing the review down as the service and reservation experience were completely unacceptable.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Just returned from Caleys Lounge which is the restaurant at the McDonald Windsor hotel. My partner likes a decent steak so it was the obvious choice for his birthday meal.
We were served by a very professional waiter called Adam. He was very knowledgeable and professional but always took the time to chat and ensure we were well taken care of.
The steak was of a good standard and cooked as requested (phew! I'm glad he enjoyed it) but the potato wedges it came with were extremely dry and difficult to eat without sone kind of sauce. I had the fish which was delicious. I couldn't fault it except to say the chilli fries were not remotely chilli & were not the best.
The desserts were to a good standard- the strawberry icecream being the best & we got a decent bottle of Malbec.
The ambience was very civilised and all the staff were very polite. All in all a lovely experience, especially for a special occasion. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Bit of shakey start as we were asked if we'd mind waiting a half hour as Restaurant was busy with large parties however the Maitre D treated us to cocktails we had booked and we're also Hotel Guests Steaks could be bigger but very good quality we had 2 Trainees waiting on us and have to say they were both a delight I would eat and stay here again when visiting Windsor