2,758 results
All reviews west wing the river rocky horror hammer horror deck chairs afternoon tea beautiful hotel fat duck beautiful grounds the main house glass of champagne tennis courts leisure facilities a river view room lovely setting sandwiches special occasion
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Excellent Hotel with extensive grounds on the banks of the Thames. My wife and I stayed as a gift from our children and had an excellent weekend around Windsor. Our meals in Oakley House were very good and we will definitely return on another occasion.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert A
DanielM19732, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Robert A,

Thank you for your recent review, Windsor is a beautiful and fantastic location and I am delighted that The Oakley Court was able to act as your host. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Stunning property, treated to a river view and had extras put in the room with no hastle. We later dined in the restaurant for dinner where we had the octopus and pigion starters which were both sublime. The stone bass and lobster ravioli followed and were to die for. The dessert was nothing short of exceptional and the choice of wine wonderful. Had a stunning evening and would recommend it to all !!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank king C

Dear king C,

Thank you for your kind review, I was delighted by your feedback and I m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The team and I were especially pleased that you enjoyed your dining room experience, your feedback has been passed onto our Head Chef who would like to thank you for your kind words. I hope you can return to us sometime soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

perfect as usual,have been coming to the Oakley Court for 18 years now and always look forward to return visits, when your sad to leave that's when you know how much you have enjoyed it! staff excellent,beautiful setting, lush breakfast plus kiddies sweet pantry was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Bathroom upgrade would be most welcome otherwise very comfortable.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DanielM19732, Guest Relations Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear christinewheeler3,

Thank you for your recent review, the team and I are delighted that you have returned to us for the past 18 years and that your stay was as perfect as always. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We had a wonderful stay. The only thing stopping me from giving this a five is that the bedrooms are a bit dated and could do with some modernisation. However, set on beautiful grounds on the Thames. Great staff and lovely food. I would recommend this hotel and will return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear aliwaliw00,

Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and would recommend the hotel and return in future! We have taken note on your feedback of the rooms and thank you again for your kind words on the staff and food. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Afternoon Tea was a real disappointment at Oakley Court. The hotel does look tired from when I last visited about 4 years ago. I requested sandwiches without mustard so we never got ham sandwiches at all - replaced with cheese and chutney x 2! The water in the tea pot wasn't boiling, so the tea was stewed. I assume the water was kept hot in an urn, but I may be wrong. Finally the scones were tiny with really runny jam. Oh dear Oakley Court this is not Afternoon Tea and at £65 including service, way over the top.

Room Tip: I did not stay so cannot comment.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandy O

Dear Sandy O,

Thank you for your recent review following your afternoon tea experience with us, I was most displeased to hear you left us feeling disappointed. I am sorry that you were not served with any ham sandwiches, our afternoon tea team have been informed of your feedback and since your review our afternoon tea menu has had a complete revamp with new types of bread, fillings, cake selections and new scone recipe. Our tea's are made fresh from order, I am certain that the hot water would have been served boiling but I apologise if this was not the case. I hope you are able to join us again to try our new afternoon tea selection and have a more enjoyable experience.