“Excellent family restaurant”

Ranked #2 of 161 Restaurants in Maidenhead
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Bianco Nero we are committed to offering a family run restaurant with traditional home cooked Italian food and providing our customers with a truly home from home Italian experience. Our dishes have been created by drawing on the wealth of experience we have within our families in running restaurants in the south of Italy and we have many generations working together in the kitchen and restaurant to bring you the best of our Italian cuisine. Our name Bianco Nero, meaning Black and White, was chosen specifically to emphasise the simplicity in how we have created the restaurant and in the dishes we lovingly prepare. This theme has been extended into the decor of our restaurant and we are sure you would all agree when you see this that simple is beautiful.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Returning from an evening football match I was cold and hungry. I needed a good meal and the restaurant was very convenient and close to home. It is a family run Italian establishment.

I decided to go traditional and had minestrone soup, lasagne and tiramisu. Each course was beautifully cooked and delicious. Portions were generous so think hard if you are not really hungry. Two courses may be sufficient.

Lovely friendly service and I will be back time and again I suspect

Bianco_N, Owner at Bianco Nero, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your review of our authentic Italian restaurant. We are always delighted to hear how much our customers enjoy our food and service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon x
PS. You didn't tell us if your team won! We hope so. Be sure to let us know next time you are here.
Piero

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious. I revisited the restaurant the following night after my first visit, as it was so tasty. It’s a great shout for vegetarians - lots of dishes on offer and vegetarian parmesan! The wine is superb too, with charming waiters who made me feel welcome as a lone customer. I would recommend the bruschetta all’aglio and spaghetti portofino.

Hi James,
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your two recent visits to us. We take pride in offering a real Italian choice to vegetarians and glad to see it is appreciated. Our charming waiters are blushing at your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Cosy little restaurant with a great atmosphere and great food at good prices. I had the lasagne which was lovely and the wines were nice too. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, if I am ever in the area again I would go back.

Hi Emma,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bianco Nero. We love our family-run restaurant as much as our customer do. We strive to serve good quality food at good prices so it's always great to see a review like yours. We would love to see you again if ever passing through.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This is a hard one to write...all the 'ingredients' are there for a very good dining experience, but I felt it just did not come together. Service was friendly but
not efficient, would have ordered another round of drinks if we could catch someone's attention. We had a reservation, yet on arrival we were seated at an unreserved table near the door...the other reserved tables not utilised until much later. Portion size on main courses was ridiculous..far too much...roast potatoes are not needed with the tagliata and the sea bass would be better with simple new potatoes...reduce the waste, improve your margins. My memory of the building was a great greasy spoon cafe...the decor has improved but still retains the previous incarnation...please sort the basin in the men's toilet

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for seeing that all the 'ingredients' are there for a very good dining experience at Bianco Nero. On this occasion, although we ticked all the right boxes, we clearly missed the satisfaction box.

We would have been delighted to serve you another round of drinks if we hadn’t been so busy. Sorry about that.

While everyone has their own idea of perfect portion size, we are pleased that we erred on the side of “too much” food as it is always easier to leave food on the plate than not have enough.

We take your point that roast potatoes are not needed with the tagliata but it would not feel right if our family-run restaurant didn’t serve them just as Mamma used to make. We also wonder where Nigella got the idea to do similar. We don’t remember her coming for dinner. A quick google search shows that good ideas spread. (Mamma - you are amazing! x)

We would look at sorting out the basin in the men's toilet, Michelle, if only you (or one of the male diners in your group) had helped us a little in telling us what you felt needed sorting.

Your memory of the building and it’s previous incarnation has clearly left a lasting impression on you. In time that memory will fade so that we can look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate all feedback and always encourage our customers to tell us at the time if they are not entirely satisfied so that we have a chance to put it right immediately. All the best.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

On each visit we have experienced very slow service. On this last occasion there were only 3 of us and we each had a starter and main. We waited over half an hour each course. When asking the waiter what the problem was we were told that they were short staffed in the kitchen (we had this excuse on the previous visit). I like to support local restaurants but this is one I will not be going back to.

Bianco_N, Owner at Bianco Nero, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Michael,

First of all I’m sorry that you didn’t enjoy your evening at our restaurant.

My wife and I run Bianco Nero and unfortunately my wife has been on her own for a number of months in the kitchen. When my staff say we are short staffed unfortunately it’s true. We are working very hard to bring the restaurant to a position where we are able to employ somebody to assist my wife in order to speed up service. Also, unfortutnely another member of staff is currently abroad sadly due to a death in the family. I have been helping in the kitchen as well as the front of house until things settle again. I am not sure if you are aware, our food is all cooked to order and our pasta is freshly made and I’m sure you can imagine for one person cooking fresh food for many people can take a little longer. It’s also mentioned on the menu that at busy times it may take a little longer for food to arrive on the table. Chain restaurants are able to provide a quicker service due to pre prepared food but we take pride in offering authentic Italian cuisine.

I hope your experience doesn’t put you off dining with us in the future as your custom along with others is very important to us especially being an independent restaurant during a difficult time.

Regards