“Convenient Place for a Nice Meal”
Review of The Refectory

The Refectory
Ranked #67 of 280 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Cathedral's Refectory Restaurant is open Monday to Saturdays from 9.30Am to 5.30Pm and Sundays from 10.00Am to 5.00Pm (except Christmas Day). This unique glass-roofed area provides a wonderful space in which to relax, meet up with friends and enjoy food and drink, with views of the spire soaring 123m (404 ft) above you. It offers a self-service buffet selection of homemade cakes and pastries throughout the day, Fair-trade coffee, fresh leaf tea, a selection of sandwiches, rolls and panini, afternoon tea - and plenty more besides. Freshly prepared hot lunches and homemade soup are served from midday through until 2.00Pm. 'Early bird' and 'cream tea specials' are available. Families with young children are always welcome at the restaurant, with a "Monster bag" selection menu for younger children. There are also books and a children's play table to help keep youngsters entertained whilst you enjoy your refreshments.
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I ate here several times during the week my choir was singing daily services in the Cathedral and I never had a bad meal. They offered excellent sandwiches and soups, I enjoyed the creme tea often, and their pastries were scrumptious. The glass ceiling offers stunning views of the cathedral immediately adjacent, and you can also eat outside in the gorgeous Cloister area. Really convenient when you're visiting the Cathedral and just need to sit a while.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Caféteria lumineuse avec un bon choix de pâtisserie pour une pause café au calme.
Light, quiet place for a coffee break with a good choice of cakes/biscuits and an incredible view on the spire !

Reviewed 26 July 2017

it was very busy but the service was very good and it is also very clean. Unlike your other reviewer, we really enjoyed our homemade lemonade which was delicious. The quiche was a good size and the salad was free which is an excellent idea as it contributes to the "five a day".

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I visited yesterday for tea in the afternoon with a girlfriend. The selection of gluten free option was a dried up piece of chocolate brownie so I just stuck to tea. Whilst in the queue to pay someone brought a homemade sandwich back which had no filling. The assistant rather surprised asked "what do you want me to do about it?" When purchasing the teas they were placed rather heavy handed on the tray and the waitress said "whoops, there's napkins over there" as we went off to clear her mess up. Overall particularly unimpressive.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Whatever you do don't buy a 'home made' lemonade here. It was absolutely awful. I wondered if it was just my opinion but everyone else in my tour group who'd purchased it were also in accord with me. I bought a cream tea and sadly that was also disappointing as the scones were cold and hard. The cathedral however was beyond superlative so I guess you can't have everything!