“Excellent”

The Porton Hotel Restaurant & Takewaway
Ranked #152 of 272 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Porton Hotel was once The Old Railway Tavern, and has been converted into a family run hotel, restaurant and bar. The location provides easy acccess to Porton Down facilities, the World Heritage site of Stonehenge in Amesbury and the cherised salisbury Cathedral in the centre of Salisbury.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Went there two nights running, first was normal pub food, I had the burger which was excellent. Went for the curry but only served Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Went Thursday and had the curry, I had the chicken Karai (might have spelt wrong), anyway the curry was amazing, it was a medium which was just right.
This is probably the best curry I have had, and the price was good also.
I would definitely go back, and highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Visited for an Indian feast on a reasonably random recommendation from a friend and we weren't disappointed. Great tasty and interesting good in a relaxed environment

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Booked table with a friend turned up to be told by an unhappy man that the kitchen was closed so no food we went in and asked about our table and was just told kitchen closed no explanation. Very disappointing

2  Thank angierj1
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Wow. Don't judge a book by it's cover they say - I always new of the Porton Hotel's existence, but there was just something about the outside that said to me 'No,don't go in'. It looks a little tired. However, after a tip of from neighbours, who by their own admission are fussy about what they eat (and I am not), said it was top notch and it was a must to try.

So, my wife and I went there to sample their Sunday Lunch. We were very surprised when we walked in and saw the size of the 'large' plates. We were even more surprised when we saw the wonderful array of roast meats, spuds, yorkshire puddings put down in front of us. The good portion of veg came as an addition and the plate was covered in the most wonderful tasting gravy. I cannot fault the meal - wonderful.

We met the landlady, who was very warm and friendly - I wish could have met Ash, the chef so I could have shaken his hand. LOVERLEY.

WE WILL RETURN FOR MORE

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

We live close to Porton in a little village. On a Saturday afternoon we decided to go out somewhere for a pub dinner. We did not have big expectations when we stepped in the Porton Hotel, the place was ok. We ordered our food, I had a porton hotel burger, my partner has an indian meal. I can say honestly, it was our best burger and indian ever! Perfect taste, seasoning, absolutely beautiful. We will definitely go back soon. Thank you! :)