“New Landlord”

The Silver Plough
Ranked #29 of 280 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Silver Plough is a traditional country pub set in a village just outside of Salisbury, we have a wide variety of seasonal homecooked food, selection of Badger Ales, friendly staff and overall welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Welcome to Art and Jenny

It was our 1st visit to the pub for a meal since the new guys took over. The food was really good , well presented. I decided on the roast beef which was excellent and an awesome selection of veg. A few kinks to iron out on the service but the Silver plough is back

2  Thank Christopher F

Reviewed 16 September 2017

New people took over 2 weeks ago.
The menu was the most limited I have ever seen in a pub so we went with what is usually a safe option, deep fried battered fish of the day. The fish was smoked mackerel (yes, really!) encased in greasy batter with a few greasy small potato wedge type items.
We asked the (pleasant) lady serving if it had been some sort of mistake to deep fry the smoked mackerel and she said no, the chef thought it was a good idea.
We strongly recommended that she have a word with him!
They will have to seriously up their game.

4  Thank Ursula799
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Wanted to support the new tenants for their first Sunday lunch and we were pleasantly surprised as to how delightful it was.
Service was excellent ! Food delicious!
The roast pork melted in your mouth and the roast potatoes were to " die for"
Very good portions with a variety of plentiful vegetables. Will certainly go back.
Looking forward to trying their weekly menu.
If I was using this pub regularly it would be nice to see a special price Sunday lunch...
Say 2/3 courses for a set price. I'm not sure what the previous price was but it seemed quite expensive for just one course!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

First time here and we went because we were visiting family who live in the village.

I gather the pub is owned by Badger’s and a new tenant started early September which may explain why the previous poster in early August reported the food standard had dropped off.

We had a very good Sunday lunch –in particular excellent beef sirloin. Without experiencing what they were, I’d guess that the previous high standards of food and service have been restored and the fall-off was a blip to do with the changeover.

I like Badger’s beers and so, based on my one experience, would love this pub as my local. Lucky for the family members who do live in Pitton!!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We visited this pub a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the food. I had the Maple chicken ciabatta which I loved. Today we walked with our dog for two hours to return. What a disappointment! It was lovely to sit in the garden, but the chicken was no longer on the menu, so it was back to boring cheese and chutney and my husband had a BLT. Mine was average but the BLT was terrible, the bacon looked raw, inedible, My husband left all the bacon and when the girl came to get the plates I told her and pointed out the raw bacon, but she wasn't really interested. We also had chips, which were ok but really expensive for how many you got. Afterwards we heard that the place is being taken over so I guess they were not really bothered.Hopefully new owners will be better.

3  Thank solucy