All reviews the river salisbury cathedral water meadows plenty of car parking four poster bed lovely hotel public areas superior room city centre the ground floor no lift stayed here for one night buffet style the room was nice sunday lunch night's sleep steak
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We visited to attend a birthday lunch which went on a bit. The hotel is in a perfect location, overlooking the cathedral and The river. It has a big car park. Check in was straight forward and we soon moved into the restaurant for pre lunch drinks. The staff had laid the tables up nicely and the room looked lovely. The staff are all really helpful and looked after us superbly. The hotel does look a little tired in areas but the rooms were spacious and nicely appointed. Our bed was a Little lumpy for my taste.

Breakfast was the usual fare but perfectly good. I'd happily stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in June. The hotel is in a good location just a nice short walk into the centre. It has lovely gardens and you can see the cathedral. Our room was on the ground floor with patio doors leading out onto a patio area with a lovely view of the gardens. This would have been made a lot better if you could have actually sat on the wicker patio chairs provided. They looked like they had been there for years and years and were rotting, the table was awful and didn't match with the chairs. It had such a lovely view and was spoilt by horrible patio furniture that could have easily an inexpensively been replaced. The room was old fashioned with wallpaper peeling off the walls, dated patterned carpet and rickety dark wood furniture. The bathroom was hideous and desperately needed replacing. It had damp patches on the ceiling with peeling paint and resembled a bathroom in a care home. The rooms they show on their website are certainly nothing like the one we had. The bar area is dark and uninviting with no atmosphere what so ever. The breakfast area is cramped and not very nice. Breakfast is self-service. I told a member of staff on reception that I was not happy with my room and showed him the horrible outdated bathroom and rotting patio chairs and he agreed it was not good. We paid £120 a night for bed and breakfast and expected it to be a lot better than it was. When we were checking out the man on reception said that they were going to close the room for 2 days to sort out the problems. I think they will need a lot longer than that!!

Room tip: Ask for garden view and avoid room 8.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Stayed overnight on the way to a cruise at Southampton. I had booked the wrong night but the hotel were very accommodating and sorted out the problem with no fuss. Lovely view of the Cathedral and river. Less than 15 minute walk from the town centre.
Good sized room, well presented.
Hotel was looking a little bit tired if i'm honest and we thought it was overpriced.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a Cathedral view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I had no expectation, just booked a reasonable priced hotel to stay for a night. I got the top floor room. It was lovely decorated. The mattress and the pillows were very comfy. Breakfast was quite nice. Cooked breakfast (as a vegan, I could enjoy brown toast, mushrooms, grilled tomato and baked beans) and granola with various types of nuts and seeds. However, the highlight of my stay was the room view of the garden and the cathedral. Very beautiful indeed.
I will definitely stay there again.

Room tip: room with the cathedral view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Beautiful setting, fabulous views over the. River towards the Cathedral. Perfectly friendly staff and place to an afternoon tea with friends! However, the tea was abit of a let down. Cakes were supermarket, not homemade, sandwiches ok, but not great. Not enough tea and coffee for amount of people. Shame because it could be so good.

Trip type: Travelled with friends