“centennary pavillion wedding booking”

Leeds United F.C. Stadium
Ranked #19 of 160 things to do in Leeds
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I booked the centennary pavillion for my daughters Asian wedding with 500 guests in attendance. I was promised an events manager to overlook the event. This events manager never introduced himself or communicated with us on the day. No ice served as promised and literally I was running around managing the event myself. At the end of the day when we just said goodbye to the bride and groom and returned inside to pick up belongings and check venue before leaving, the security staff started to herd us out like cattle. There was no verbal communication just invasive and inappropriate.. We were not able to collect our belongings properly and were locked outside. One of our guests was still in the kitchen. When I complained about the way we had been treated at the end of the day, I was told that our guests had been verbally abusive to security staff and it was on CCTV. When I challenged the organisation and told them to bring the CCTV, as that would have shown that guests were not abusive and there was someone still inside, The manager said that it had been erased. This all was a result of this phantom events manager who they claim was there but did not do his duty. This has happened before. Warning to anyone booking this place make sure you discuss and check the contract which they send to you. I had many professional people present who were shocked at the service. Dont get me wrong I love the hall but management team is crap. They are willing to lie to cover each other. Complaints procedure was even worse.

Date of experience: August 2017
in 12 reviews
"supporters"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Regular attendee at Elland Road, team very poor at present, but stadium atmos on a match day always great!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 20 March 2018

A fantastic venue to visit for both Leeds United's home games and the occasional Rugby league Leeds Rhinos match. Over the years it has slowly seemed more dated, however, it is a incredible and historical stadium.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank jhhorton
Reviewed 27 February 2018

My husband and I did the stadium tour and were not disappointed. Our Guide - David - was very knowledgeable, had a sense of humour and made the visit very enjoyable. He also called upon his experiences as a Leeds fan which made our tour more personal. Our group was mixed, kids and adults, and we all got something out of the tour.

Date of experience: February 2018