3,743 results
All reviews art deco q club train station q hotels valet parking city square travelling by train junior suite lovely hotel central location reception staff breakfast was excellent standard room lovely room full english tea and coffee saturday night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I came here with my friend for a weekend away in town. Hotel was absolutely lovely, all the staff were amazing and very caring to customers. Unfortunately we didn't have breckfast because it was not included with the room and it costed £15 a person extra. Overall we had a lovely time and would 100% stay again any day of the week.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for sharing Kevin, sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and will have to return to sample our fabulous breakfast.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay in this lovely hotel check in was prompt staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very nice hotel is in an excellent location .breakfast was great lots of choices and staff very nice would recommend this hotel and would definately return.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, really hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our stay yet again was excellent we had a room (136) facing the square which suited us fine. Very clean & full of character with the most spectacular lifts. Excellent food & drinks, room well serviced & although a little dated it suits the building. Very clean throughout with my only complaint if you can call it that was a lack of coat hangers in our wardrobe. Many thanks to staff & management alike.

Room Tip: We like 136 facing square.
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple

We think so too, hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night, £160 with breakfast and parking, not that cheap really. Location is excellent though. Staff were friendly. We had room 425, which as we found out, from around 6am, is right next to the lift.... which operates continuously and is very loud, and slow. Not a good sleep. Staff mentioned the next day that we should have told them, but you only notice it once you’re in bed. By which point you’re not going to get up and move rooms. They’d be better just not using it unless absolutely necessary (the hotel was not full last night).

The room was small with the left hand side of the bed virtually touching the wall. The armchair was grotty with black stains on both arms and the seat. Bathroom was modern and clean. Decor in the room itself is dated and dark. I imagine I could go back in 20 years and it’ll still look the same. I’ve stayed in Leeds a lot and won’t be coming back here. I should have booked Dakota Deluxe like I did last time, virtually same price and a better experience.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, please contact me personally when next staying in the hotel and I will do whatever I can to further enhance your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disturbance and look forward to restoring your faith and making you welcome in the future.

We just ate at the bar.
My friend just wanted a glass of water, so she asked at the bar and was given a water. She came back to our table and mid conversation a waiter came with the receipt wanting payment, which I find a little rude.
We then ordered food, I asked to pay, but was told that I could pay later.
The food arrived and again mid food and mid conversation the waiter came for payment.
I ordered at the bar and all the waiter did was deliver the food and ask for money. But The Queens add 10% services charge to the bill. I don't mind paying for good service and good food but it wasn't.
We had two salads at £10 each, it was just salad nothing else.
A tea bag was £3.60 and water £2.50.
At these prices, there are much better places in Leeds with better food and service.
I left The Queens feeling disappointed.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, your comments are certainly taken on board and hope we have the chance to welcome you back some time in the future