3,654 results
All reviewsart decoq clubtrain stationq hotelsvalet parkingcity squaretravelling by trainlovely hoteljunior suitecentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstandard roomlovely roomfull englishtea and coffeestayed for one night
Reviewed 23 May 2018

The room was old and classic which I liked and the location was brilliant. The staff were lovely and dinner was great. The concierge even loaded our bags into our car before driving it to us. He was name Adam. Very pleased overall and we had a wonderful time in Leeds.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BonnieTo13
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, so pleased you enjoyed your stay and will of course pass on your kind thoughts to Adam

Hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Very well situated Hotel,and looks wry impressive when approaching it from the road.
Classical in design with good amenities.
The service was excellent from the hotel staff. I found them very helpful and friendly.
I will definitely stay here again next time I find myself in Leeds

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Fabulous 5 stars, thank you for sharing

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last week for 1 night & I was very impressed. From the moment I arrived the reception staff were very welcoming and I was very pleased as I was informed I had a complimentary upgrade to a suite (with a minibar!)
The room/bathroom/toiletries were great and it was spotlessly clean.
Early evening as I was relaxing, loud music began, sounding like it was right under my room. I contacted reception and the very polite young man apologised profusely and advised me to return to reception and that he would have a new room available. Which he did... on the 8th floor in an executive suite. It was fabulous.
I would also recommend booking the breakfast as there was lots of choice and again very polite & professional staff.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be booking again in June for one night. (Another executive room would be fab!)
Great location too. Literally outside the train station.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Wonderful 5 stars, thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and pleased we were able to accommodate your requests.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Spent a nice weekend here. Good service and hotel has a great location right in the centre of town. Parking is underneath the hotel and is quite an experience. Good sized and clean rooms and good breakfast choice.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Great to hear Tim, hope to see you soon

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

To me the Queens Hotel in Leeds has always been a prestigious hotel, a landmark of the city. So I was quite excited we were staying there for an evening.

Firstly, the hotel is in a very handy location, especially for the train station, you couldn’t get much closer, as well as a stone’s throw from the bars and the shopping. It’s a great location.

We had booked a junior suite room, we thought we would spoil ourselves and enjoy the space a suite has to offer.

When we arrived at our room, it was nice, I wouldn’t exactly say it was what I would imagine a suite to be, it was no bigger than most hotel rooms you stay in, but the bathroom was a very big size. In fact the bathroom was really nice, compared to our room. Whilst the room was comfortable and the bed certainly was, the room looked tired, cobwebs in the top corner of the room, scuff and scrape marks on the furniture and general wear and tear. Which, of course, I appreciate to a point in a busy city centre hotel but it was more noticeable than what I would expect. It had a tired feeling about it.

Our room was directly outside the lift, the rooms let in a lot of noise and in the night every time someone used the lift you could hear its movements. The fridge in the room also kept clinking and making a noise every few hours too. Now, whilst I fully expect noise in a central city centre hotel and especially outside at night, it was too much! The party goers, the drunks, the goings on of a lively city met with a fridge motor noise and the lift as well as other guests running up and down the corridor, shouting and knocking on doors from 2am in the morning are not the makings of a good night’s sleep. When booking the room and the suite I did expect a certain level of etiquette from other guests and a more open and quieter part of the hotel.

The top level, also gains you access to a small bar area and terrace with complimentary drinks, which is a nice touch. Again though the bar area was tired and in need of some fresh paint work.

Having been wide awake since 430am we had breakfast quite early. Breakfast is served in the basement, which is quite dark and there was a dingy/musty smell to the breakfast area. Which was a little off putting.

The breakfast as a whole was plentiful and tasty, but we didn’t want to linger and once done we went back to our room.

On checkout we weren’t even asked by reception about our stay, this I feel is not acceptable and is not the standard I would expect.

However I must compliment the concierge service and the gentlemen who went on to take our bags to look after, who were polite, friendly and took an interest in our stay.

Overall I would say, it was only ok, slightly disappointed and in need of some TLC. Not the prestigious hotel it once was. A shame.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kayem26

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I was so sorry to read that not everything was to our exacting standards and hope to assure you that this is by no means our usual standard of quality or service. You are correct, Leeds is generally a very lively city but we regularly receive feedback stating their surprise of how quiet the hotel is in general and I'm so sorry that you were disturbed. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith some time in the future and look forward to making you welcome once again