“Best hotel brekkie!!! Great location for Leeds centre.”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Hilton Leeds City
Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed at the Leeds Hilton twice, both time in suites. Don't be put off by the grim exterior! The rooms are spacious, clean, and have wonderfully comfortable beds. Be warned about the pull-out sofa beds though! These are pure agony and will mean you have the worst night's sleep ever! The proper beds are great though. Nice and quiet hotel considering it is slap bang next to the train station.
I have always managed to find a great deal, paying £100 incl breakfast for 4 people per room (one double bed and one sofa bed). The first time I stayed was over the Leeds festival August bank hol in 2011, and I must say the suite was certainly less plush than when I stayed in February of this year. This time around we had fruit in the room, mini bottles of wine, the usual toiletries and tea/coffee facilities. The difference in value for money was huge - It was almost as though the 'powers that be' at the hotel regarded festival go-ers as less 'worthy' visitors to the hotel perhaps...? But great value both times non the less.
But honestly the best thing, is the breakfasts which are just amazing! Huge choice, good quality, and really sets you up for the day. Full English, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, continental breakfasts, porridge....tonnes of choice! This alone makes a stay worthwhile in my opninion!
Very convenient for access to the city centre and also the train and bus stations. (It is located just past the rail way arches).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Leeds City

Reviewed 17 February 2012

The beds have the nicest mattresses, such a comfy nights sleep. Breakfast is a bit of a rip off, £10 for a buffet and £18 to have it in the room! Really nice hotel though, comfy and neutral rooms with a great health centre downstairs.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Well me and my girlfriend stayed here and the whole experience was appaling. We paid extra for the deluxe plus room and we didnt get half of the things we were meant to.. inlcuding no fluffy slippers, on demand movies, bottle of wine consisted of 1 187ml bottle and the fruit bowl was actually a saucer with 1 orange and 1 apple.

You have to pay extra so it was very misleading on the paper-work. In our room there were stains all over the carpet, rusty handrails with sharp edges that my girlfriend cut her hand on . We had no tea or coffee in the room either there was the kettle but that was all.. Rooms and hallways are rather tired and could do with been up dated. There was a few mold marks around the edge of the bath..

The service we got was terrible when we rang reception to ask about the movies and they told us to go down to reception to show them the paper-work to see what they could do, the manager offered to take it higher and see if we could get a refund .. until he looked at the price we paid and took a very clever manner, he said "you think for that price ur going to get on-demand movies? i dont think so!" .. and had a smug look to his colleagues. Even though we did pay £67 it still said that these certain things were included, and they weren't! We thought we were getting a bargain but turns out we never.
The parking charge of £15 is to high in my eyes as you can park just round the corner for £10.. The car park isnt designed for larger vehicles either as the spaces and corners are quite tight.. We would never stay here again, I have stayed in better Premier Inn's! And I would certainly book a Premier Inn over this Hilton again!!
I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone. Really disappointed overall as the HILTON brand is looked at as been a higher quality which it wasnt and as previously said iv stayed in better Premierr Inn's with much more helpful staff.. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M
Janet M, PA to Hotel Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor, further to completing a guest comment card in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to you.
I am sorry to read of your disappointment.
Please feel free to contact me directly via email: martin.bradnam@hilton.com if you wish to discuss your feedback further. I look forward to having the opportunity to discuss your concerns, on a more personal level.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you, at your convenience.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Booked a standard twin room got it for bargin £56. Right outside train station so ideal location(when we found it did get lost on the way), rang ahead and was able to check in straight as soon as we arrived at 12 as room was ready. The room was very clean & modern with very comfy beds, plasma telly etc. Shower room very clean, modern fixtures & brill power shower. oh and Fab full size hair dryer which is a rare in a hotel. Could leave bags after checkout for no extra cost which was so valuable as we wanted to have a day shopping before getting train home (the man on the desk was very helpful & chatty which was nice). Reception & room cleaners were also very friendly. Would definately stay again as met all our needs

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Janet M, PA to Hotel Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor, following your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to offer you an early check-in.
Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon, delighted to be of assistance to you.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed one night for business in a refurbished room on 6th floor
Decor was modern, although room small. Lobby areas and lifts are tired, although all clean.
Location very handy for offices and station, so this is probably the biggest advantage of the hotel.
Had a fire evacuation at 6am which was very unwelcome, particularly as it was -4deg outside, so a more sincere apology on check out would have been appreciated. Also it was pretty disorganised, so good job it was not a major incident! A midweek rate of £113 is a little steep, breakfast was varied and above average. Probably would stay again but purely due to location. Other hotels in Leeds are better value.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor, following your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and particularly found our newly refurbished 6th Floor room to your satisfaction.
I have noted your comments in regard to the fire evacuation. As you can appreciate, all fire alarms are taken very seriously indeed and we have to adhere to strict health and safety guidelines, as the safety of our guests is paramount. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you with the unexpected fire evacuation.
I appreciate your feedback regarding your room rate. We operate demand based pricing, and compare our product and pricing against our competitors. I can assure you this was a competitive offering for this date.
Thank you once again for your feedback.