1,735 results
All reviews train station city centre large bathroom great weekend one night stay tea and coffee weekend break twin room good nights sleep comfy bed an overnight stay superbreak iron
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely place to stay in the heart of the city... comfy, cosy and welcoming! Breakfast was excellent with a great choice and fresh, room service was happy to bring us a bucket of ice for our own brought champagne and glasses to use to...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Mike L, Operations Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Sarah T

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the hotel. Great to read such fantastic comments about our breakfast offering and that you found the hotel to be so welcoming.

We look for to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm regards

Mike

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

No none on reception lady was unwilling to come from back room I had come back from a long business session and when mentioning the only helpful soul there who was a night porter, he was criticised for helping me. Poor breakfast I am a coeliac no help with food content and gluten free options were at best limited. Still don’t know if what I’ve eaten is safe. Did have a quite room however and that was nice but a small room. Paid for added extras not sure I got them.. Decor of the hotel lovely service very poor. I am very sorry to say.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for the night, very friendly reception staff and really helpful even after we had checked out.
However the breakfast was so bad that it left us feeling disappointed. Coffee was undrinkable, and the cooked breakfast which should be fairly easy to make was very poor.
Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Mike L, Operations Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Ronan R

Thank you for your valuable feedback and review following your stay with your girlfriend. Naturally I am disappointed we didn't it right with our breakfast offering on this occasion, our team are always willing to listen to guests feedback and are there to ensure we can resolve issues during our guests stay.

Kind regards

Mike

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here one night on business. It is a short walk from Leeds Station and central for most places. I didn't spend much time in the room or the hotel as i was busy but it was clean and had everything I could have wanted (iron and board, fan and hairdryer) although it was a very small room. The bed was firm and comfortable and there was plenty of pillows. My only criticism is from a security perspective, I had a room at the end of a long corridor with double aspect windows over looking a fire escape and outside one window the fire escape was level with the window. That coupled with the original windows and old fashioned window catches left me a little uncomfortable. Most hotels these days operate the SOLO scheme and usually this type of room allocation is not used for lone female guests. I didn't eat at the hotel as i found a lovely Indian just round the corner. Nawabs, which is well worth a visit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I booked this hotel for a night with my fiancee' to visit her cousin in Leeds and the hotel was just fantastic!
As soon as we got there, the receptionist (we don't know her name but she was working the afternoon shift on Friday 4th May) was fantastic, so helpful and informative. If the hotel reads this, she definitely deserves recognition!!
The room was absolutely stunning! Myself and my fiancee' recently got engaged and the hotel had upgraded our room and had a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and two glasses in the room waiting for her (absolutely brilliant!) The room itself was really nice, spacious, comfortable and quiet. We did not spend as much time in the hotel as we would have liked but we both really liked the hotel and would have loved to have stayed longer. The breakfast in the morning was really nice too, even the F&B assistants wishes us congratulations on our engagement (they deserve recognition too!).
Overall, a 5* stay and the hotel deserves better recognition then what it has been rated. Seriously undervalued hotel in the heart of the city!

Room Tip: The staff go above and beyond. If you have an issue, ask politely and they will help.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smitchell1989
Mike L, Operations Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear smitchell1989

It gives me great pleasure to read such fantastic praise for so many members of our team here at the hotel, naturally we would like to again congratulate you for what must be such a wonderful time in your lives!

Thank you for writing a review following your stay and I can assure you my colleagues you have mentioned will be acknowledged for making your stay so memorable.

Best wishes and hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the future

Mike Liddle