Discovery Inn Leeds
Clayton Hotel Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$71
US$100
US$95
US$114
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$69
US$107
US$90
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$56
US$89
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Ibis Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$36
Cosmopolitan Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$64
1,018 results
All reviewstrain stationcontinental breakfastcity centreroom was cleanexcellent locationlarge bathroomplenty of hot waterq parktriple roomtea and coffee making facilitiesshower gelwould stay againfirst direct arenastayed one nightshort stayexcellent value for moneycar park
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The hotel itself is just a couple of minutes walk from the train station via a set of steps straight opposite the station entrance, which was quite handy as my partner was running late so I was left to carry the luggage. I was unsure at first as to whether I had entered through the correct door, as I walked into a small corridor with nobody around for guidance. There was a small notice on the wall saying that reception was on the 3rd floor, so I nervously entered the lift in hope that I was heading in the right direction. Upon reaching reception, I found the staff to be polite, although my booking could not be found as for some reason, for all it had been booked and confirmed in my name online, for some reason the hotel had my partners name in place of mine for all he was down as my guest. Once that was cleared up I was given a key card and told that my room was on the second floor. I re entered the lift only to find it would not move (reception did not inform me that I needed to use my key card actually in the lift!) Once getting to my floor I found my way around a bit of a rabbit warren to my room. The cleaner was still in there even though it was after 2 o clock. Whilst she was there I requested extra pillows, as the ones provided seemed a little flat, which arrived promptly without fuss. The room itself was clean and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities ( although the uht milk was out of date by 2 weeks!) The ensuite shower and toilet were also of good standard. After meeting up with my partner, we ventured out for a drink and a meal at one of the nearby pubs and returned back to the room for the evening. It was a bit of a strange experience as we did not see any other guests and as reception was on the floor above ours, we never saw any of the staff until check out!
This was the first time I stayed at the hotel and now that I have found my bearings I will most likely be staying again. It may be helpful if the hotel could offer guests a map of their floor and give clear instructions on how to use the key card for first time guests before they enter the lift. It would also have been nice to be greeted by a doorman, rather than having to look around for notices to find out how to get to reception. All in all a good value for money, comfy but confusing hotel.

Room Tip: Dont forget to pay the £10 deposit for your tv remote control whilst you are checking in, in order to save a trip back to reception if you want to watch tv. Check the dates on the uht milk provided. wifi costs from £3 per hour.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo D
Reviewed 30 March 2012

layout of the hotel is very strange,, and people who r staying here going for a night out.. u will probabley get lost looking for your room after a few too many! its a basic hotel . but its right near the train station and not far from the nightlife so best for young people i reckon. id stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I needed somewhere to crash for a few hours having got a post midnight train into Leeds on a Friday night and an early start the following morning.

The Discovery Hotel fitted my needs fine. Check in - at 12:30am - was unsurprisingly quick and efficient. My room on the fourth floor was quiet (away for the traffic!), warm and the bed was adequate. Based on some of the views on this site I took earplugs, put them in and slept through the night.

Yes, the room could have been bigger and the bathroom was tiny and cheap looking (although perfectly clean) but hey - for the amount I paid (£30) I was perfectly satisfied with what I had.

Unfortunately I left before breakfast was served so can't comment on the food!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2012

In terms of layout, this is the strangest hotel in which I have ever stayed. The entrance lobby is very small and quite stuffy. The reception can only be reached by lift and is on Level 3. To get to my room, I had to wander down a long, narrow, twisting and turning corridor, at the end of which Level 3 mysteriously became Level 7 - I then had to ue a rackety old lift to get to Level 10. All this gives an 'Alice-in-Wonderland' impression which is merely bizarre rather than quaint.

It was clear that there was an ongoing process of redecoration. I could smell paint and many of the rooms were out of service. My own room was comfortable and well-furnished in the bedroom section: I had a comfortable night and slept well. The bathroom, however, had very tiny towels and the shower was too hot to use properly.

Breakfast was adequate except that the croissants were cold! Reception was friendly and helpful. Overall my impressions were mixed. I was dismayed by the layout, pleased with the bedroom but very dissatisfied with the bathroom. A work in progress, I think.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I booked a single room for 30 pounds in Booking.com but was given a spacious twin room with bathroom having a bath tub. The room is undoubtedly dated, but it was good enough. It is located just next to the train station, so it was convenient since I arrived late at night. They sell breakfast ticket when you check in, but honestly, is not worth even 3.75. It has very limited selection of everything. I would recommend getting decent muffin/pastries and a good coffee in outside cafes for that price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo