“Good roast”

Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Keighley. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Keighley’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great food, lovely atmosphere, amazing.
Would definitely recommend it as it is a great place to eat. Very tasty puddings

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your great 5* review and recommendation, I take great pleasure in reading about our Guests' experiences and always take pride when i see they have enjoyed their experience with us and want to share that with their family and friends.

Myself and the Team hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My first time visit to this place. My friends took me there because they would like to show me how nice the restaurant is. Unfortunately, my feeling of my first visit to this place was not impressed!

I ordered the cavery roasted, we went to the counter to order the 4 roasted .. I said to him I have the same as my friend. My friend had 4 different meats.. by this point the chef turn to angry tone asking us back, 4? My friend said yes and she requested one extra slice of gammon. The chef gave her so but in a very poor manner. My friend didnt care! But I care! I ordered the same and requested one extra slice gammon. The chef exhale and gave 1x 2 inches size slice for that extra requested. He looked at me and show me his unhappy feeling to me. But wait!! If you are not allowed to give that extra meat..just dont do so. you can just give me a good explanation! .. you should not make me feel bad thru your uncomforted action.

Waiting staff is very useful. She explained the menu/ the refill drink/where the toilet is/ and what we can do with cavery thru her brief introduction.

It’s like perfect start but bad feeling at the end!

It was on 16 Mar 2018

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Good Afternoon Cezuna,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and some feedback from your recent visit. I am very disappointed to read that your first visit to us was let down by a perceived attitude from the Chef. I am not sure who your carver was during your visit but 3 of our carvers are not British and, knowing their usual approach to their Guests, I can assure you that the feeling you got from the Chef on this occasion was not intending or meant with any malice or to make you and your friend feel uncomfortable. I can only imagine that he was simply questioning you with regards to having 4 meats for his own understanding so as not to get your order wrong. I am glad to read that you found your Waitress to be helpful and this should be the precedent we set for all our serving Team, Chefs & Waitresses. On any occasion in the future you do not find this to be the case, please bring this to the attention of the Waitress or even the Duty Manager on shift.

I would like to thank you again for your time and feedback and hope the experience does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

The place is lovely
I've been to afew Toby carverys and this one the best
Nice food and nice comfortable clean decor

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Good Morning Michelle,

Thank you for your great review and your kind comments. Myself and all the team are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope you come to see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Food generally very good, that said was told if visiting after 6pm would be entitled to free mothers day meal? as usual a catch, i had not printed a voucher as not informed, on speaking to general manager who was far from customer friendly and abrupt told me i should have a iphone. Learn from this and always be savvy with these places.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi Chris,

Thank you for doing a TripAdvisor review on Toby Carvery Keighley. Following on from our previous communication before you submitting this review, a voucher was needed as the discount could not be given without the voucher code. The manager who you had named to me previously is not the general manager and we apologise again if he had come across as abrupt. The intention of the duty manager at the time was to help you download the voucher describing that it can be downloaded using a smart phone device e.g an iphone through our Toby Carvery App. You can receive all our vouchers through this. I am still pleased to see that you think our food is good. We do hope that you return to us in the near future. You are welcome to reply to my previous email or contact me on 01535 610611 to discuss further.

Kind Regards,

James

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I attended my daughters baby shower last night at Toby carvery, all i can say what a fantastic night, food was lovely, i have been to a lot of restaurants but the staff at Toby are awesome, thank you very much, i know we did get noisy at one point so i do apologise but once again thank you

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Good Afternoon Jo,

Thank you for your amazing review and for taking the time to share your experience with our potential Guests on TripAdvisor! It is great to hear that you enjoyed Melissa's baby shower and that you all had fun!

Myself and all the Team look forward to meeting the little man when he makes his arrival, and I am sure the noise he will make will drown out anything you guys made on Tuesday evening, so be prepared!

See you again soon,