“Surprisingly good”

Model Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 21 Bradford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Only stayed for one night but was pleasantly surprised. I paid £25 for the night and had a quiet clean room with a shared bathroom, lounge and kitchen. Breakfast in the morning was very good. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mee_lez

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Stayed here for a weekend whilst my husband did a rally driving experience. For £49 a night we weren't expecting a great deal, how wrong were we, fantastic large room very clean tea & coffee facilities provided. The room also had wine glasses & corkscrew. Breakfast was amazing you had a great choice, lots different teas & fruit teas to choose from which was great for me. Views from this place are amazing, in a good location for exploring, down the road there is a pub & an Indian we ate at both they were great. I would recommend this place to anyone & definitely stay here again. Don't forget to check out the farm shop before you leave

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017

My first time to this establishment. I paid £25 for a single room online. At that price, I wasn't expecting much. What a great surprise it turned out to be.Firstly on entering the drive, I was struck by the magnificent views it has. I could clearly see about 20 miles across the dales. It's a sight to behold. The courtyard is spotless and clean and filled with lovely vintage vehicles and horse carriages under individual gazebos. Great for a pic oppertunity. I entered the building and was greeted by a beautiful well spoken and polite receptionist. She sat me down and explained all about the place and what was around the area. This lady genuinely cared about her customers. She then showed me in person to my room. I was then struck by the gardens they are beautifully centered around a pagoda where you can sit and relax and a stream runs underneath you. My room was so big for s single room and had a king size bed. full working modern flatscreen TV, drinks tray, and kettle. Table and chairs. The bedding was quality and crisp and fresh and the room was fresh looking and very well looked after. This place is a must for all kinds of stays. Kids especially can be occupied here. There is onsite a massive farm shop too. I will definitely be coming back here and would say to anyone come and stay. You are made very welcome and feel wanted and looked after. All for £25 a night. I have stayed in 5-star hotels and not had the great welcome I had at this place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Well first off I absolutely loved this place and hope to stay again.
I stayed in a fully self contained cottage with two double bedrooms.
As I was a solo traveller I had three different housemates over the three days. As such I did not really use the fabulous lounge or the kitchen. I went to get away from things - not to make small talk with a stranger. The place was clean and had all the facilities you would expect.
However.
Apparently there was a bar and a restaurant - I never did discover where but I did not go out of the way to find it.
The grounds could be wonderful but badly in need of a spruce up.
I did not see any of the other rooms in the main building so do not know what they were like.
Breakfast was ok. Plenty of choice but the food was laid out in the conservatory and am not sure what the food hygiene police would make off it. An almost stagnant pond right outside the breakfast room brought an abundance of insects buzzing around the meat and fish.
The huge hairy dogs that wandered. past the uncovered food was also a little off putting.
There is a farm shop - but it is not a little shop it seems to be a huge Meat market. The amount of people coming and loading up there trolleys with meat was amazing. Obviously a popular shop - but not quaint or twee.
Excellent WiFi and TVs in rooms.
But it is the little things - like not changing the towels - I stayed three nights.
The use of a single sheet on a double bed. Ended up sleeping on bare mattress.
The lack of a decent curtain in the room I was in meant you could not cut out the light. though the other bedroom had some very thick ones.
There did seem a lot of generator noise so I would not like to have been near those.
The cottage was like an echo chamber - hard wood floors, emulsioned walls, blinds at windows all meant there was nothing to deaden the sound.
Some strange plumbing noises from bathroom.
But like I say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. There were several business men and University workers who obviously stay there a couple of days a week so it must be doing something right.
And being able to chat to the cows on a morning was lovely.

That said, it is very much a working farm

Room Tip: I stayed in a cottage which would be great if I knew the occupier of the other room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We were greated by a lovely polish lady[ sorry forgot her name] she gave us a warm selcome and lots of information. Our room was fab the bed amazing. Nice shower, lots of refreshments in the room and. The breakfast was amazing. Shame we were on a tight deadline to be somewhere the next day....wud like to have spent longer there.....a lovely little find wud stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple