All reviews farm shop working farm converted barn shared bathroom full english star trek main block friendly polish room shower single sheet booked a single room b bs smoked meat excellent value cold buffet on arrival included in price
Reviewed 1 July 2017

My first time to this establishment. I paid £25 for a single room online. At that price, I wasn't expecting much. What a great surprise it turned out to be.Firstly on entering the drive, I was struck by the magnificent views it has. I could clearly see about 20 miles across the dales. It's a sight to behold. The courtyard is spotless and clean and filled with lovely vintage vehicles and horse carriages under individual gazebos. Great for a pic oppertunity. I entered the building and was greeted by a beautiful well spoken and polite receptionist. She sat me down and explained all about the place and what was around the area. This lady genuinely cared about her customers. She then showed me in person to my room. I was then struck by the gardens they are beautifully centered around a pagoda where you can sit and relax and a stream runs underneath you. My room was so big for s single room and had a king size bed. full working modern flatscreen TV, drinks tray, and kettle. Table and chairs. The bedding was quality and crisp and fresh and the room was fresh looking and very well looked after. This place is a must for all kinds of stays. Kids especially can be occupied here. There is onsite a massive farm shop too. I will definitely be coming back here and would say to anyone come and stay. You are made very welcome and feel wanted and looked after. All for £25 a night. I have stayed in 5-star hotels and not had the great welcome I had at this place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Well first off I absolutely loved this place and hope to stay again.
I stayed in a fully self contained cottage with two double bedrooms.
As I was a solo traveller I had three different housemates over the three days. As such I did not really use the fabulous lounge or the kitchen. I went to get away from things - not to make small talk with a stranger. The place was clean and had all the facilities you would expect.
However.
Apparently there was a bar and a restaurant - I never did discover where but I did not go out of the way to find it.
The grounds could be wonderful but badly in need of a spruce up.
I did not see any of the other rooms in the main building so do not know what they were like.
Breakfast was ok. Plenty of choice but the food was laid out in the conservatory and am not sure what the food hygiene police would make off it. An almost stagnant pond right outside the breakfast room brought an abundance of insects buzzing around the meat and fish.
The huge hairy dogs that wandered. past the uncovered food was also a little off putting.
There is a farm shop - but it is not a little shop it seems to be a huge Meat market. The amount of people coming and loading up there trolleys with meat was amazing. Obviously a popular shop - but not quaint or twee.
Excellent WiFi and TVs in rooms.
But it is the little things - like not changing the towels - I stayed three nights.
The use of a single sheet on a double bed. Ended up sleeping on bare mattress.
The lack of a decent curtain in the room I was in meant you could not cut out the light. though the other bedroom had some very thick ones.
There did seem a lot of generator noise so I would not like to have been near those.
The cottage was like an echo chamber - hard wood floors, emulsioned walls, blinds at windows all meant there was nothing to deaden the sound.
Some strange plumbing noises from bathroom.
But like I say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. There were several business men and University workers who obviously stay there a couple of days a week so it must be doing something right.
And being able to chat to the cows on a morning was lovely.

That said, it is very much a working farm

Room Tip: I stayed in a cottage which would be great if I knew the occupier of the other room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We were greated by a lovely polish lady[ sorry forgot her name] she gave us a warm selcome and lots of information. Our room was fab the bed amazing. Nice shower, lots of refreshments in the room and. The breakfast was amazing. Shame we were on a tight deadline to be somewhere the next day....wud like to have spent longer there.....a lovely little find wud stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent room, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and a wide variety of hot and cold food. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend to anyone wanting overnight accommodation.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Having read the many reviews I took a chance and booked a cheap night's stay in the Model Farm B&B. I was up in Bradford on business and at the end of the month was a bit strapped for cash, so needed it to be as cheap as possible.

Having converted what seems like a barn into accommodation blocks there are some amazing positives to tell you. The internet was great, the bed comfortable, the breakfast had real butchers meat, the place was surrounded by fields, the guide in the room was very detailed and there were all the usual coffee, tea, towels, soaps, etc...

If anything my criticism is that for the price you pay how do they maintain it? When you go into this converted block that houses the accommodation you will see that there has been a significant investment in making this into a B&B. The showers are like something from Star Trek. There are buttons and controls that can give you a nice warm rainfall shower or transport you onto the Starship Enterprise.

Don't expect perfection, there are small flaws that you might not find in a Travelodge, but this has a good bed, character and it is unbelievably good value. Warnings of darkness, smells, wearing stilettos and animals should be considered, but this is a working farm and all those things go with farms. I went there on business and there were dry paths and enough comfort for this trip. I found the occasional moo from the cows quite pleasant and there was only a faint smell of the countryside.

Room Tip: Book a double room, even if you are travelling alone.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business