All reviews farm shop working farm converted barn shared bathroom full english star trek main block friendly polish room shower single sheet booked a single room b bs smoked meat excellent value cold buffet on arrival included in price
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent room, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and a wide variety of hot and cold food. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend to anyone wanting overnight accommodation.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Having read the many reviews I took a chance and booked a cheap night's stay in the Model Farm B&B. I was up in Bradford on business and at the end of the month was a bit strapped for cash, so needed it to be as cheap as possible.

Having converted what seems like a barn into accommodation blocks there are some amazing positives to tell you. The internet was great, the bed comfortable, the breakfast had real butchers meat, the place was surrounded by fields, the guide in the room was very detailed and there were all the usual coffee, tea, towels, soaps, etc...

If anything my criticism is that for the price you pay how do they maintain it? When you go into this converted block that houses the accommodation you will see that there has been a significant investment in making this into a B&B. The showers are like something from Star Trek. There are buttons and controls that can give you a nice warm rainfall shower or transport you onto the Starship Enterprise.

Don't expect perfection, there are small flaws that you might not find in a Travelodge, but this has a good bed, character and it is unbelievably good value. Warnings of darkness, smells, wearing stilettos and animals should be considered, but this is a working farm and all those things go with farms. I went there on business and there were dry paths and enough comfort for this trip. I found the occasional moo from the cows quite pleasant and there was only a faint smell of the countryside.

Room Tip: Book a double room, even if you are travelling alone.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

At this price point, you should set your expectations quite low. However, this B&B proved to be great value. A working farm tucked away behind a residential area, and conveniently close to various shops and take aways. My room was an upstairs barn conversion, very spacious, clean, and very comfortable. It did have quite an echo, and the walls were not very sound-proof, so I was lucky not to have a noisy neighbour (but imagine this could be a problem) - I had a great nights sleep. Features included tv, tea/coffee, free wifi, and free parking. The staff were really welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was served in a conservatory with a lovely view, and offered a good quality cooked breakfast plus fruit and cereal - although the communal shared seating arrangement will not suit everyone. I will return.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I stay in Bradford fairly frequently for work, and usually stay at Travelodge in town centre but on this occasion it was ridiculously expensive to stay there so I opted for this place instead at £30 B&B for one person for one night.

On arrival I had to drive up and down the lane in the pitch black half a dozen times unable to see the accomodation. I tried phoning but nobody was picking up the phone.

When I finally got in, the overpowering stink of animals and dogs made mt eyes water. I considered turning around and booking in elsewhere but the girl on reception was so nice and helpful I thought I ought to give it a chance. She took me to my room, which was a long walk outside through muddy paths and puddles with my overnight pulley case and high heels - I was soaked and my blowdry ruined by the time I got to my room.

The room itself was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable, it had a telly which worked fine and plenty of information in the room about the local area - pubs, take aways, places to eat etc which was nice. They also had tea making facilities and biscuits which was a nice touch for a cheap B&B.

The bathroom featured a huge walk in shower with LED lights and massage jets... unfortunately after 20 minutes of trying all I could get was a cold dribble from the bottom jet and had to admit defeat and go to work stinking with fuzzy hair. I wasnt thrilled.

Got to breakfast and was seated at the strange communal dining table, I generally prefer not to eat my breakfast with strangers but it was pleasant enough talking to the fellow guests. All was going well, until I got up to get myself some juice and behind the juice table was the window into the cooks kitchem, when I was horrified to see three big black Newfoundland Dogs with their faces on the kitchen worktops trying to nab the bacon while she was frying the breakfasts!

When I then found a dog hair in my orange juice it was goodnight Vienna.

All in all, I wouldnt go back - too rural and dirty for my liking, but if you just want a cheap place to crash and don't care about bad smalls and mud and pet hair, you'll probably rather like the charm of the place and the excellent service of the staff - which is the only reason it doesn't have 1 star!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank BlackpoolNikki
Reviewed 14 March 2017

From arriving until departure the staff here simply couldn't do enough. I was given a double en suite room in one of the barns. It was amazing. Quite large and nicely decorated with exposed beams and a little country style window. The en suit had the most amazing shower with a radio and multijets. The breakfast next morning was great and you get a nice view from the conservatory. All in all this was a cracking find and great value for money. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a double ensuite
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business