“Budget hotel”

Ibis Budget Bradford
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 31 January 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

There are newer reviews for Ibis Budget Bradford

A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool
Reviewed 26 January 2012

A great location since it is a 5 min walk in to Bradford Centre. It is a short walk to a great real ale pub The Corn Dolly and we always have a great curry at The Kashmir. If you need a comfortable cheap room for a short break it's fine.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Etap Hotel in Bradford again very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2011

Had to have window looked at as soon as I arrived, bin not emptied after 1st night and sink top not cleaned, as when I picked up my shower gel, the gel was on top of the sink--thought rooms were cleaned daily???Also only a few channels on the TV, including a french 1!!!!--and only 2 radio channels??

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank rockerandy

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points you raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Etap Hotel in Bradford very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2011

This was my second time staying in the hotel, so I knew what to expect. For a price of £25 I do think it's value for money, yes it is VERY basic in terms of space (not much distance between the bed and wall, also toilet is very cramped which can leave a bad smell). Also resources are very limited, the room has only ONE plug socket, only 7channels on tv (this I don't see as a bad thing as most other hotels charge you for the use of TV), also only 4 hangers which means if you're staying for 3nights or more you'd probably won't be able to hang all your clothes!

I think the shower was VERY good, nice temperature and very spacious (easily fits two people ;-) )

The only real complaint I have is that on the 2nd night, I was going out to collect some food there seemed to a rodent problem (yes a mouse/rat had somehow got into the building). I find this somewhat unacceptable and disgusting. Yes I was on the ground floor and yes Bradford does have a lot of Rats in city but I don't expect to find it in my hotel whatsoever.

I would stay at the hotel again just for the fact that its cheap, convenient (has a 24hour Tesco opposite) and it attends to my needs but I definitely will not be staying on the ground floor.

Future guests at the hotel need to be realistic in terns of their expectations, you are only paying £28 per night, what do youreally expect??

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Humblekid
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at the Etap Hotel in Bradford. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We have looked into this matter, and I can assure you 100% that the hotel has no rodents of any description even thogh we are surrounded by woodlands, but feel free to contact me on 0127472415 or email me on h6364-gm@accor.com if you feel that you would like to discuss this further.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights although the hotel is clean in all areas and the staff where friendly there are a lot of thing missing . We stayed in a triple room and where glad there was just 2 of us as it was small and cramped with 2 never mind 3. The bed is made of a board and a 2 inch bit of foam for a matress with one thin pillow for each person and no extra pillows available in the room if required. The toilet was like a small cupboard and was just enough room as was the shower which was seperate from the toilet but small too There is a modern tv in the room but although modern lacks channels ours only had 7 channels available to us bbc 1/2 itv channel 4and 5 one music channel and a french channel. There is also a lack of place to store your clothes 1 small rack on the wall with 4 coathangers no cupboard or drawers so we ended up having to keep clothes for 3 days in the case.There is no tea and coffee making facilities in the room . Although the rate of around £31 a night might seem" budget" at the time the lack of these facilities for the people with an average daily consumption of tea and coffee in 1 day can become expensive as you can buy cups of tea and coffee at £1.40 a time from reception, also if you need internet access wifi is not free you are charged £3 for 2 hours When you consider the other budget hotels who have can have nightly rates of between £19 and £29 a time and all these facilities are free then they are providing a much better deal .

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Thank you for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them and pass them on.

Kind regards,