“Breakfast”
Review of Badgers Tea Rooms

Badgers Tea Rooms
Ranked #84 of 648 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: A family friendly tea room set in the grounds of a SSSI nature reserve. weekly specials and comprehensive menu available. catering for children's parties on site via the WWT, and hot or cold buffets for business meetings. Please be advised service stops 30 minuets before the tearoom closes
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Nice breakfast at Badgers, partner had poached eggs and toast with extra bacon which looked very nice and I had two fried eggs which came with toast like my partners but which wasn’t ON the toast, both meals were already seasoned for us by the chef with salt and pepper which was a nice touch and was just right, we didn’t need to add anything. We had two nice lattes which came with little biscuits and it was very pleasant to sit and watch the wildlife (mainly Chaffinches/Greenfinches and a beautiful Woodpecker) as they also enjoyed their breakfast through the large windows that look out into the nature reserve.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I want to try and be as fair as possible in this review, on the whole I think this is a lovely cafe and the food and drinks are really good, especially as they offer gluten-free options too. My issue is that I feel that the lady in charge is quite rude towards people with children. I feel like she has little tolerance for kids which is surprising considering Brandon Marsh offers lots of activities aimed at little ones, a huge percentage of the cafe’s custom must come from families. It feels like children are expected to sit silently....’be seen but not heard’? I visit most weeks with my 1 and 3 year old but have been made to feel uncomfortable one too many times now so will either choose to bring our own food and eat outside or just wait until we get home.

Date of visit: August 2018
elvis911, Waitress at Badgers Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

I'm sorry to read this .
Children are always welcome at the tearoom.

We have many visitors that enjoy the quiet of the tearoom whilst they watch the birds.it is a site of specific scientific importance so alot of the visitors are there for the nature alone.

We have on occasion asked our younger visitors to play more quietly for this reason.
I'm upset that you where made to feel uncomfortable as this is not how we like our customer to feel.

I do hope that you will not be detured from visiting Badgers tearoom again. And please free feel to speak to a member of staff if at any point you have concerns.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Dropped in for breakfast as part of our visit to Brandon Marsh. I ordered a light vegetarian and a light gluten free breakfast, both of which came with tea or coffee and toast.
Not only did I clear my plate (not the biggest appetite), I was able to make it a two course breakfast by saving the beans and toast. My husband had trouble fitting everything onto his plate! He also ate everything and was full for the rest of the day (not something that happens often!).
Very good value for money as the breakfasts were £5 each.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018

We took a friend for afternoon tea on her birthday. The sandwiches were lovely and fresh, crumbly warm scones with lots of jam and clotted cream and a refilled tea pot. At £10 per person it is excellent value for a top quality treat. A box was needed as we simply could not finish it all. Sitting watching the birds as we ate was a bonus.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018

God coffee to start then spent couple of hours in Nature Reserve, then very good lunch - delicious Moroccan Chicken followed by Strawberry Jam Sponge and custard. Reasonable price. Excellent service. Best cafe I know in Midlands though off the beaten track. Been several times over the years and never disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2018
elvis911, other at Badgers Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

We are so thrilled you enjoyed your visit. Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.