“Great food”

Signal Box, Hungry Horse
Ranked #5 of 66 Quick Bites in Coventry
Cuisines: American, Indian, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: DISCOVER GOOD TIMES AT SIGNAL BOX Welcome to The Signal Box. If you’re looking for a pub near Coventry, the Signal Box is ideal. Great for families, the Signal Box is charming, unpretentious, and comfy. Just wait until you see our menu. How’s this for a line up? Whether you fancy a burger or breakfast, a pie or a steak, a curry or a delicious dessert – we have it covered. Everyone who arrives at the The Signal Box feeling hungry, goes home feeling happy – guaranteed! We like to look after your wallet, too. Whenever you come to the Signal Box you can get a great deal, as well as a great meal. There’s a different deal every day of the week.
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

Served by Chantelle, food was amazing and all the staff were friendly and helpful! Service with a smile

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

Horrid food, bad service, shocking hospitality. Need a new management asap, as nothing gets sorted. Will be closed in no time, absolute horrible place.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Dirty tables and sticky menus should have been sufficient warning to us but we were hungry and this was convenient to where we had been shopping. Although this wasnt particularly busy there was only one member of staff behind the bar serving and with people in front of me in the queue ordering food this was quite time consuming. Food eventually ordered but once again (for the forth successive Hungry Horse visit) there was no Yazoo milkshake available for my son. Why advertise it on your menu if you do not sell it? Anyway, twenty minutes later and with the mains yet to materialise a waiter approached the table and asked if we were ready for my son's dessert! I politely pointed out that we would prefer to eat first. So the mains arrived 5 mins later. Not too bad for my son or my missus but the 'new-to-menu' B.E.S.T burger I ordered failed to live up to its potential. The burger was nice, the huge hash browns were good but there was no sliced tomato as advertised and no brown sauce as advertised; the small slice of bacon was anaemic; the toast was soggy bread that looked like it had been browned on the edge only with a blow torch and the egg had an off-putting crunch of shell to it. Oh, and the measly serving of fries were rather undercooked. If I wasn't so hungry, and if I didn't mind waiting longer than necessary, I would have sent it back. I won't be visiting again and it will take some persuading to visit a Hungry Horse premises again. Avoid it if you can.

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Disgusting restaurant, management treat staff horribly and so I wouldn’t recommend going there. Food isn’t the best either

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Excellent food! Would definitely recommend for family events, very welcoming and Lovely service from a young lady named emily