“Good family pub”

Cuisines: American, Indian, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Good food decent size plates, good customer service, good play area and loads of machines to keep the kids happy, friendly environment

Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Good quality food, great customer service, definitely come again, good play area for children and clean environment

Conor B, Manager at Signal Box, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Reviewer,
Thankyou very much for your review. I’m glad to hear that you've had a great experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

My family and I went for dinner here last night (21st August) we waited for around 20 mins at the bar for a drink as there was only one person behind the bar... our gins were served in tumblers with no offer for fruit or even ice. Our soft drinks also no ice and served in Abbot Ale glasses. The barmaid told us if we wanted food it would be a one hour wait as a chef fainted and had to go home so they were a member of staff down in the kitchen. We proceeded to go out to the play area to every table except 2 covered in plates and glasses. We went back to the bar to order our food (which again we waited 15 minutes to order) and went back outside and waited. The food arrived about 45 minutes later and was ok. The chips all seemed to be double fried but everything was edible :) the bar was no longer busy so I agreed with the kids to have desserts... what a disaster. The 2 girls behind the bar were sharing 1 till key and one the girls cashed my order off before the girl actually serving me had finished my order (we had a tab from the beginning so it made it all very confusing) around 30 minutes our desserts came and the tab had been corrected. I feel very disappointed overall as the pub was only one chef down overall yet the bar service and wait times were absolutely dreadful, the restaurant looked as if no one had been clearing the tables since they opened... we frequent hungry horses regularly but will not be revisiting! Employ more staff! Staff morale was very low, I said the young lady behind the bar ‘i hope your next shift is better’ and she replied ‘I’m phoning in sick for my next shift’ awful awful awful.

Dear Eileen,
Im sorry to hear that you have been disappointed with your last few visits with us, i will be speaking to the manager today to ensure that all the issues that you have mentioned can be discussed and to ensure we can improve on these issues.
We hope to welcome you back soon, and would like to sincerely apologise for these previous visits.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I was amazed by the fantastic atmosphere and food and overall service. Definitely coking back. Out of 10 I rate 21.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Dear Richard,

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Have been here several times as cheap and food isn't generally too bad. They do tend to always be understaffed but this was the worst it's ever been. Very understaffed, could only see 2 servers and one of those was one of the managers. 'Boys' behind the bar clearly require further training as they couldn't seem to make their minds up about what was off menu and what wasn't, as well as talking to their regulars (could've been family members or friends but were obviously distracting them from their work, 1 worker in particular), by shouting over the bar to them while customers waited. Got order wrong several times and by the time we finally got our food (1hr later and they left stuff off the order, so had to wait another 15mins for that), it was tepid, cold in places. By then we were too hungry to care or would've sent back. Had to ask for cutlery as well as for the table to be cleaned, as nobody bothered to sort. Our mugs, one of the glasses and one set of cutlery were all dirty.
Worst experience here EVER!!!
Felt sorry for the manager, she seemed to be trying to do everything but you're never going to please everybody. Chances are, she didn't get out of there til gone 1am.

My advice, do NOT go on a specials night, which is most of the week. If you do, get there as early as you can & order straight away, choose your food earlier in the day or the night before.

HH really need to sort this place out, especially the staffing issues, then it could be cheap and cheerful. They should have a call backup rota for when the darlings call in feigning illness (I'm guessing) and they should DEFINITELY put a board up telling you what is UNAVAILABLE on the menu!!

Dear Reviewer,
I am very sorry to hear that the last visit to us was poor and that you were disappointed with it, I will be taking all matters up with the team as soon as they are next in. I would like to apologise for that visit and ensure that all the matters will be resolved and I hope that you can return so we can restore your confidence in us.