“Overpriced for Small Depressing Rooms”

Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I was in this hotel for less than an hour due to the depressing shoe box room with a broken radiator and heated towel rail and so the room was very cold. I called reception for someone to take a look and it was late in the evening. No-one came for 20 minutes so I arranged to stay at another hotel. When I asked for a refund it was denied and they charged me £175 a night for 2 nights.

I was promised that I could speak to the general manager but instead had someone less senior than him talk to me who could not authorise the refund. I was promised a call back which I did not receive and so I had to call back myself.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I purchased this afternoon tea voucher from Groupon for a friend's birthday. I was expecting it to be a lovely experience for her and a friend to enjoy after she had just experienced a bad time. I was really disappointed when I asked her how she found it. She said the choices of sandwiches were limited and her friend didn't like egg and asked for an alternative but was told she couldn't have anything as a substitute. I thought this was very mean and not very customer friendly. I have been to many places for afternoon tea and I do not eat egg or salmon but have always been given substitutes. I will not be buying another one of these as a gift.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We recently had a night at this hotel we were going to stop at another hotel until we read the reviews on it. We found this hotel due to a recommendation from friends who had previously stopped here. We chose a executive room that over looked the golf course. It was quite spacious and very clean with a lovely view over the golf course with a little patio with chairs out side to sit on while having a morning coffee. The only down side was we had breakfast delivered to our room and by the time it arrived it was stone cold and could not be eaten.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Arrived at the hotel around 6pm. My friend and I had booked a room each for two nights. We were given rooms in one of the annexes and the rooms we were allocated were next door to each other as requested. The trouble was the electrics were faulty as although a couple of the lights worked which didn't include the main light, none of the electric plugs worked. We were swiftly moved to two more rooms in another annex. These were both very damp smelling and had mould on the linings of the curtains. We requested two more rooms and were moved once again to another annex. Each time we left the rooms, when we returned the key cards no longer worked, which meant another trip to the reception to get them working again. Not easy when you are not very mobile. On leaving we requested a telephone call from the manager as we were very dissatisfied with our stay but a few weeks later have heard nothing. We would never stay at this hotel again, but I must add that the staff were lovely and the food was fine.

Room Tip: Don't have a room in one of the annexes
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
3.7 km away
2.2 km away
The Jacobean Hotel
The Jacobean Hotel
#18 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa

Address: Birmingham Road | Allesley, Coventry CV5 9AL, England (Formerly Windmill Village Hotel)
Region: United Kingdom > England > West Midlands > Coventry
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Luxury Hotel in Coventry
#8 Family Hotel in Coventry
#11 Business Hotel in Coventry
Price Range: €45 - €158 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa 4*
We have the most luxurious rooms available for weekend breaks and business stays in the Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull and the NEC area. Unlike most luxury hotels we also boast golf courses, a health club and a leisure club. You will find that unlike most hotels you will have the opportunity to relax, play sport and dine in fine style. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel Golf And Leisure Club