“A unique experience”

Ranked #8 of 649 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the secluded courtyard of 2Tone Village this newly refurbished family run cafe & restaurant provides good food, good times and great service.Home of the Jerk Sausage 2Tone Cafe offers all day breakfast, and more, including Caribbean meals. The restaurant offers an enticing menu of good 'home' style cuisine for those new to Caribbean food and the connoisseur.2Tone Village where the stars of 2Tone are often seen dining, jamming or generally hanging out. Please check our website for open times of the Cafe & Restaurant and for up to date menus and events.
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Quality food - I wasn’t expecting that much in terms of quality or even quantity and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! Love the location of the venue within the ‘village’ a hidden gem I feel!!!
Personalised customer service, feeling like you’re the only person to be greeted and served!
Friendly and approachable staff, so laid back and nothing is too much drama!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Visited this establishment on a Thursday evening based on the good reviews I had read.
We were pleasantly surprised, hosts were friendly and food was home cooked and extremely tasty. Food and drink prices were extremely reasonable. Overall a very enjoyable evening and experience so no doubt we will return.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Went to the simmer down restaurant for a family night out most amazing food. We were very well looked after. I would definitely recommend going here.I will be going again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018

What can be better than enjoying amazing Jamaican food; served by thoughtful and warm staff; ska and rock steady playing in the background; surrounded by nostalgic 2-Tone artwork? I think it's the best cafe I've ever been to. I highly recommend it after your trip to the Coventry Music Museum.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Had a surprise birthday party on Saturday at Simmer Down restaurant. The food, service and welcome we had was brilliant. Simmer Down is not just a restaurant it is a true experience of Caribbean food, hospitality and culture. The best way I would describe Simmer Down is it is like going for a meal at your Auntie's house in Jamaica.
Many thanks to both Angie and Alf for everything you done for us. Nige and Angie xx