“Lovely night ”

Ranked #7 of 647 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$4 - US$31
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the secluded courtyard of 2Tone Village this newly refurbished family run cafe & restaurant provides good food, good times and great service.Home of the Jerk Sausage 2Tone Cafe offers all day breakfast, and more, including Caribbean meals. The restaurant offers an enticing menu of good 'home' style cuisine for those new to Caribbean food and the connoisseur.2Tone Village where the stars of 2Tone are often seen dining, jamming or generally hanging out. Please check our website for open times of the Cafe & Restaurant and for up to date menus and events.
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Went to the simmer down restaurant for a family night out most amazing food. We were very well looked after. I would definitely recommend going here.I will be going again.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

What can be better than enjoying amazing Jamaican food; served by thoughtful and warm staff; ska and rock steady playing in the background; surrounded by nostalgic 2-Tone artwork? I think it's the best cafe I've ever been to. I highly recommend it after your trip to the Coventry Music Museum.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Had a surprise birthday party on Saturday at Simmer Down restaurant. The food, service and welcome we had was brilliant. Simmer Down is not just a restaurant it is a true experience of Caribbean food, hospitality and culture. The best way I would describe Simmer Down is it is like going for a meal at your Auntie's house in Jamaica.
Many thanks to both Angie and Alf for everything you done for us. Nige and Angie xx

Reviewed 17 August 2018

I was in Coventry as I figured it was about time I had a look at the Music Museum, and remembered a good breakfast last time I visited the 2 Tone Café. I was certainly not disappointed.

The Full English comprises sausages, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, beans and black pudding, plus toast and tea/coffee with a refill if you want it. It was freshly cooked to order with perfect eggs, and a very satisfying plateful. Service is friendly and there is a nice atmosphere with appropriate music playing unobtrusively in the background. There are books on local history to browse before and after you have eaten and it is easy to get comfortable for a while if you wish.

I really must try one of the lunches, probably the jerk chicken, on my next visit. It's a little hidden oasis tucked away behind Ball Hill and well worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Visit the Cafe whenever I get chance and love the mutton curry, rice and peas. Old school, traditional food and real character.

1  Thank ukdfba