“Two recent visits and pleased with both”
Review of The Pheasant

The Pheasant
Ranked #103 of 646 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018

As others have mentioned, the main picture is NOT the right pub. It is just The Pheasant, not the Stag & Pheasant. For both recent visits we have sat outside by the stream. The car park is on top of you but there isn't a great deal of space. At least all the tables have parasols so you can sit outside without being roasted in the hot sun!

First visit: A lovely Caesar Salad; just right for a hot day. My partner had a Chicken dish but can't remember exactly what it was. She enjoyed it but said she might have preferred my salad option. Service was prompt and with a smile.

Second visit: I had the Lemon Sole from the Specials board. It was OK but I felt as if it had been cooked a while and kept warm, hence the fresh flavour of Lemon Sole didn't hit the mark. My partner had the Japanese Tiger Prawns with salad.They were quite nice with a Sweet Chilli dip. Out the freezer, of course, but as good as can be expected. Her salad was varied and wholesome. Again, no complaints about the service.

This place didn't used to be open all day Sunday for food, I am sure, but now that it is, we will be popping along again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Havent been here for some time not sute why? Food is always good salmon salad on a hot day was perfect. Dads lamb shank looked good as did mums vegetarian sunday dinner. Nothing was too much trouble.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

The best meal we have eaten in a pub/restaurant in a long time. Food was piping hot, freshly cooked, tasted amazing and served with a smile. We will definitely be back! Thank you xx

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Our 2nd visit in 2 weeks and after 4 years of having our caravan in the area we don't know why we haven't tried this place before! 2 excellent Sunday lunches & desserts. Lovely, quaint village pub with a very pleasant outside seating area. A warm welcome from friendly staff & service with a genuine smile. The Sunday lunches & homemade desserts are served in very generous portions! The only issue with 2nd visit is that we were seated at a table with the constantly in use kitchen door inches away on one side and access to the toilets on the other. It was a small corner with L shaped bench seating which felt like we were squashed into and we were both knocking knees whilst eating our food. The place was extremely busy, as I expected, but I spent most of my time ducking to the right in fear of the kitchen door hitting me every time it swung open. All in all, with the added shouting & usual noise from kitchen right next to us it didn't make for a very comfortable, relaxing dining experience, it was like eating in Piccadily station! We wouldn't be put off eating here again as the food & service is faultless but will hopefully be seated at any other table to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere & our meals in this lovely quaint old village pub.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Visited this evening, first time in some months and chose Hunters Chicken off the specials board. It was delicious, fresh, tasty chicken breast with a good slice of tasty bacon and BBQ sauce topped with a generous, grilled mozzarella topping. Well done as ever to all the team for maintaining such high standards in this ever friendly pub.