All reviews technical college meal deal thyme restaurant multi storey next door car park air con lovely building what it says on the tin ring road rooms are spacious coventry city centre good nights sleep comfortable stay family room short stay comfy bed budget hotel
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Shower broken in room 305. Caused flood and had to use towels to mop up volume of water. Entered the centre light so turned light off. Unable to have a shower. Apparently this is not covered under their guarantee T&Cs. Had I mentioned I was woken at 5:27 by someone slamming a door, this would have triggered the guarantee. Hmmmm I'll remember this for next time I guess....

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DiscoDave74
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Hi Dave

Thanks for sharing your review of Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park), Premier Inn.

It's concerning to read of the experience you had with a flooded bathroom due to a broken shower. This is far below the standards we expect for our guests and we'll be sure to have this picked up with the hotel management team to make certain the maintenance team have now fixed the fault. We do appreciate that this would have inconvenienced your stay, however our Goodnight Guarantee is available for problems when a guest has had their sleep disturbed.

Please note that our reception team are on standby 24 hours to assist our guests if they have any issues with their room or their stay. If the team are made aware of the issue, they'll be happy to help to the best of their ability.

We hope to welcome you another time soon for a more satisfactory stay.

Kind regards
Elaine

Reviewed 28 February 2017

This Premier inn is in a very large, historic building which gives it more character, although the hotel part is very much the standard Premier inn decor. On arrival the receptionist was very friendly and made me feel very welcome. My room was perfectly ok, very clean everywhere including the bathroom, which looked quite new.
There are hard and softer pillows depending on what you prefer.
I didn't have a good view, a wall in front of the window, but I wasn't staying there for the view! The car park is a very short walk next door. It costs £5 for 24 hours, £3 on Saturday and Sunday. It only takes cash. There is an ATM in the petrol station opposite, but it charges. There is a free ATM about a 5 minute walk away.
I didn't use the restaurant because of the reviews, so I had a look for something nearby. I found a great restaurant/bar called Millsy's, where I had my breakfasts. I have to stay in Coventry a few times this year and I will stay here again, because it has everything you need nearby. There are several shops in Earlsdon and a huge supermarket about 5 minutes drive away.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Loupyloulou
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Our stay was fine the room was spotless but what let this premier inn down was the sub standard disgusting slopp they dish up for dinner and breakfast,
Take my advice and eat elsewhere, we ended up having to order an Indian takeaway as we left most of our dinner as it was so disgusting, so all in all it cost us more than we wanted to spend as we ended up paying twice for a meal, the staff were useless in the restaurant, and the breakfast was bland and had obviously been sat under heat lamps for a very lovely no time, you can't even get a fresh pancake, they are stuck up in a basket with bread, so off putting, all the food was very poor quality and the cheapest of the cheap including the juices,
Premier Inn should be ashamed of the pictures they put on there menus, as the actual food looks nothing like the pics, false advertising !!!!!!! Never again will I eat in a premier inn !!!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrspmsg
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We had a great stay in Coventry and would highly recommend this Premier inn. We will definitely come again. The staff were all very friendly, and I would like you to pass on our thanks. A great stay, thank you!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my brother and sister on the eve of a cousin's funeral. Our overall impression was very good. It felt like a reasonably grand building due to the high ceilings and wide corridors and the rooms felt spacious. Standards of cleanliness in the rooms and bathrooms seemed good and the beds were comfortable too. The staff were very courteous and helpful.

As the local restaurants didn't appeal very much, and we didn't want to spend time on a speculative walk into the city centre (at least a fifteen minute walk), we decided to eat in the hotel's own restaurants. I ruled out steak and what I imagined would be a fairly bland UK curry and decided on a burger and fries - a choice that I judged a fairly safe bet. Sadly, I was wrong. The 8oz lump of dried meat which arrived between two halves of a bun which also contained some soggy battered onion pieces, was perhaps one of the least appetising meals I have ever been presented in a restaurant. I have eaten better 100% beef burgers from mobile catering vans. On the plus side, my siblings enjoyed their pizzas, and with hindsight, i perhaps should have made the same choice. The breakfast food was a little better, although I found the hash browns a little oily and the scrambled egg overdone. 'Made to order' sounds great but in a restaurant like this, I far prefer a self-service arrangement where you can see the quality of the food beforehand. I'd stay here again but eat out in the city and opt for the continental breakfast.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family