Britannia Hotel Coventry
US$44
US$37
US$93
Priceline
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
US$61
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
1,426 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2015

My stay started off badly had to take my luggage from the coach through heavy doors into reception no help at all then upto my room .That was after seeing the filthy outside looked more like a slum than a hotel .There seemed to be no interest in making things look nice curtains were not only dirty but were for the sake of shortening the wire they hung dreadfully,windows cried out for a clean.The food was really good so that was a plus overall the decor and cleanliness was very tired .

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Paulabt67
Reviewed 19 July 2015

Let me start by saying that this "hotel" is sadly let down by the conditions herein, room no. 640 which was our allocated room on arrival was very very quickly changed, as it was in a disgusting state, Toe nail clippings on the bedroom floor along with other sundry objects, bathroom sink was absolutely disgraceful, the bed was two different heights, need I go on, when I confronted the on duty manager I was told that he would speak with housekeeping and that they would clean the room for us, this was 3-0-clock in the afternoon, refused to accept this, they then found a room on floor 3 which was to be fair slightly better. Food in the Restaurant was quite good although you had to stand in line as there was only one serving on the buffet even though they knew that we were working to a timed schedule, ( Down for Neil Diamond Show at the NEC Birmingham )this caused a number of people to go elsewhere for food. I am writing this review not only to make people aware of the state of this Hotel, but also to express my disappointment at travel companies who put paying guests into this place, hard I know but as a paying guest this is my opinion.

Room Tip: Book into the nearest Premier Inn
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JimmyHT
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

We came to the Britannia as part of a package, it is honestly the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. Before we even got in our room, the stench of the corridors hit us, it smelt like damp and foist. The rooms were old fashioned and out dated. The bathroom floor was filthy and the shower was useless. The bed was uncomfortable and springs poking through the sheets were an unwelcome added extra. The restaurant was badly organised and we didn't end up eating evening meal as we were queuing so long we would have missed our coach. All in all avoid this rubbish hotel!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Babycatcher_uk
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Very rude restaurant manager herded us around like cattle at dinner very poor choice of food especially for children. Same lady shouted at us at breakfast and upset the children. Food in cold option left uncovered and area it was in small and cramped no room to move.
Reception staff in the evening helpful and sorted problem I had with window promptly.

Room Tip: Take food with you if travelling with children
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank flanny2015
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We stayed there because it was a convenient place to stop on the way to London, didn't think much about it. We were pleasantly surprised, we paid under £40 and got a large room, with all the things you could need. Nothing fancy or new, and the hotel needs a redecoration, but who cares, it did the job.

They do not offer parking, which is a major annoyance if you are driving, as the hotel is in the city centre and street parking is restricted. They told me I could park at the Gala Bingo which is one block away, but that didn't seem to be the case, as I found a sign at the gate saying it was for customers only. However, the hotel staff were very accommodating and allowed me to park my motorbike next to their vans, under cctv surveillance, and most crucially on private land, so off the traffic wardens' reach.

The hotel is right next to the Cathedral and walking distance to pretty much all the interesting bits in Coventry.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple