1,489 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Very rude restaurant manager herded us around like cattle at dinner very poor choice of food especially for children. Same lady shouted at us at breakfast and upset the children. Food in cold option left uncovered and area it was in small and cramped no room to move.
Reception staff in the evening helpful and sorted problem I had with window promptly.

Room Tip: Take food with you if travelling with children
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank flanny2015
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We stayed there because it was a convenient place to stop on the way to London, didn't think much about it. We were pleasantly surprised, we paid under £40 and got a large room, with all the things you could need. Nothing fancy or new, and the hotel needs a redecoration, but who cares, it did the job.

They do not offer parking, which is a major annoyance if you are driving, as the hotel is in the city centre and street parking is restricted. They told me I could park at the Gala Bingo which is one block away, but that didn't seem to be the case, as I found a sign at the gate saying it was for customers only. However, the hotel staff were very accommodating and allowed me to park my motorbike next to their vans, under cctv surveillance, and most crucially on private land, so off the traffic wardens' reach.

The hotel is right next to the Cathedral and walking distance to pretty much all the interesting bits in Coventry.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nestorazo
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Stayed here one night with Travelstyle for Neil Diamond Concert. Reception staff friendly. Room dated but clean.Beds need replacing but still got ok nights sleep. Tea/Coffee on large tray welcome after long journey. Main concern being Asthmatic was mould around window very dirty curtains only held up by couple of clips on rail. Even with double glazing could still hear traffic noise. Room got very hot. Radiator started making noises in the night I thought heating was going to go on.Staff in restaurant friendly and helpful. Food average 3 choices for main. Breakfast ok.
For price we paid for trip could live with staying 1 night but not any longer would agree with previous reviewer cheap and cheerful and a fair amount of money needed for upgrade.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie20clee
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

You have to have money with you cannot pay with a card room was not clean I would not go into the restaurant the seats were ripped I could not look out the window the window was black people singing outside all night so did not sleep well the staff worked hard but the hotel needs money spent on it I hope I do not have to go there again

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George H
Reviewed 10 July 2015

This place is filthy, dirty and inhabitable. Im extremely shocked and surprised that whoever is responsible for hotel inspection has not recommended closure.
I recently visited Coventry to see a show and out of desparation and last minute booking we opted for this 'squater camp place'. If I maybe honest on first sight it was an extreme shock, the outside is filthy right through to reception. All this place needs closure followed by a complete refurbishment just to keep it short!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends