1,477 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2015

We stayed there because it was a convenient place to stop on the way to London, didn't think much about it. We were pleasantly surprised, we paid under £40 and got a large room, with all the things you could need. Nothing fancy or new, and the hotel needs a redecoration, but who cares, it did the job.

They do not offer parking, which is a major annoyance if you are driving, as the hotel is in the city centre and street parking is restricted. They told me I could park at the Gala Bingo which is one block away, but that didn't seem to be the case, as I found a sign at the gate saying it was for customers only. However, the hotel staff were very accommodating and allowed me to park my motorbike next to their vans, under cctv surveillance, and most crucially on private land, so off the traffic wardens' reach.

The hotel is right next to the Cathedral and walking distance to pretty much all the interesting bits in Coventry.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nestorazo
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Stayed here one night with Travelstyle for Neil Diamond Concert. Reception staff friendly. Room dated but clean.Beds need replacing but still got ok nights sleep. Tea/Coffee on large tray welcome after long journey. Main concern being Asthmatic was mould around window very dirty curtains only held up by couple of clips on rail. Even with double glazing could still hear traffic noise. Room got very hot. Radiator started making noises in the night I thought heating was going to go on.Staff in restaurant friendly and helpful. Food average 3 choices for main. Breakfast ok.
For price we paid for trip could live with staying 1 night but not any longer would agree with previous reviewer cheap and cheerful and a fair amount of money needed for upgrade.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie20clee
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

You have to have money with you cannot pay with a card room was not clean I would not go into the restaurant the seats were ripped I could not look out the window the window was black people singing outside all night so did not sleep well the staff worked hard but the hotel needs money spent on it I hope I do not have to go there again

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George H
Reviewed 10 July 2015

This place is filthy, dirty and inhabitable. Im extremely shocked and surprised that whoever is responsible for hotel inspection has not recommended closure.
I recently visited Coventry to see a show and out of desparation and last minute booking we opted for this 'squater camp place'. If I maybe honest on first sight it was an extreme shock, the outside is filthy right through to reception. All this place needs closure followed by a complete refurbishment just to keep it short!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank kwehlule
Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed for four nights in a twin room, on entering room the first day I noticed a few little things like a half drank water bottle left on table, one of the beds had no pillows on it, the over bed looked liked someone had been lying on it because the bedding was pulled back and looked crumpled, the bin was not complete empty, there was no cartons of milk, these things I could overlook because the room was quite cheap for the city centre. The guy at reception was friendly and professional but one thing annoyed me-on the Brittania website it said there was no parking but they had a cheap rate with one of the local car parks-the receptionist told me there was no cheap rate but if I parked in the car park at top of the road it was a maximum of £10 a day, so that cost me £40 for the 4 days. On the third day of our stay at 0400 we were kicked out of the hotel, my 70 year old relative staying with me decided to make some toast in a toaster he had bought during our stay, unforturtatly the toaster had set off the smoke alarm. My relative tried to explain to the night manager/receptionist that it was just a accident and it would not happen again but the guy was French and could not seem to speak or understand English just shouted get out, so early in the morning we had to get out with no where to go, nothing was gained by kicking us out. Anyway we returned to the hotel about miday to complain about our treatment, the day reception guy was very good he oppoligized for our treatment and agreeded that accidents can occur, he let us back into the room we had and even gave us a free nights stay. I would have no hesatation staying at the hotel again but the night staff need to learn some manners and at least be able to speak English

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends