“Business Stop-over”

Macdonald Ansty Hall
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Beautiful hotel, stayed in room 14 in the main hotel. Great view over gardens at the back. Plenty of choice of drinks in the room, nice and warm and the bed was super comfy. i was on the second floor and at the end of a short corridor so nice and quiet too. up early so did not eat in hotel but food looks great.

Room Tip: room 14 on second floor nice and quiet.
1  Thank davejh2015
Tim S, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear davejh2015,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I hope that your comfortable stay contributed to a successful business meeting.

Tim Sparrow, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I booked Ansty House for a single night only to wish it was longer to allow us to explore all the estate had to offer. So much history throughout this family estate. The staff was very helpful and gave us a quick tour before checking us in. Our bedroom room was so spacious with a very large bathroom. The self serve bar was refreshing after a long travel day, and sitting outside visiting with other guests made for a perfect evening. The breakfast was very satisfying and the stay too short. We will be back soon to enjoy a much longer visit to explore and learn more about Ansty Hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Stayed here in October for work for one month whilst I had work in Coventry.

The first thing I noticed as I walked in, is that the hotel needs a refurb. It could do with some money being spent on it. Reception is tiny, with one person behind a desk.

My room was not in the hotel, it's in another building a few mins away from reception. The room itself was a good size, but very dated, as was the bathroom. In fact it looked as though it could do with a deep clean, especially around the window area.

I ate in the restaurant. I have to say, that the staff are really friendly and helpful. Every one of them wanted to make sure I was ok and had a smile on their faces. In fact they are a credit to the hotel.

The food was ok in the restaurant. In fact it was really nice. I only had the chicken, but people that were getting food brought to them seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Breakfast the next day was very good. I was quite happy in the corner of the restaurant, reading my paper.

All in all, OK, but I wouldn't visit for pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Tim S, Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear ScottLondon,

Thank you for your review, especially useful to receive feedback from a long term guest like yourself.

I've noted all your comments and they have been shared with the team. On that note, thank you in particular for complimenting my colleagues on their professionalism.

Tim Sparrow, General Manager.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My wife and I had a comfortable 3 night stay in a standard room, situated in an annex adjacent to the main hotel. The room was spacious and clean with a good sized TV and most of the room facilities you would expect, except hot drink making facilities. Although there was room service, we though the prices a little high.

Our room rate of £84 per night included breakfast, served in the main hotel or in our room at extra cost. The full English breakfast was delicious. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

Otherwise, the hotel looks attractive with a pleasant countryside outlook yet is very conveniently located just a few minutes from the M6/M69 junction.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Tim S, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear John D,

Thank you for your review, we're really pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your three stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I booked this hotel for business at the last minute and was lucky enough to secure a bargain rate of £88. Usually you'd only secure a Premier Inn or Travelodge for that price.

There is easy on-site parking and free wifi that works without faffing about. The bathroom was well appointed and they provide high quality toiletries that make you want to take a bath and relax.

The room was huge and I had a great night's sleep in a super-king sized bed. I ordered room service and my dinner was excellent and the fruit salad dessert was large enough for two people.

Just one minor issue in the morning. The hotel also has conference facilities which are next to the bedrooms. So my wonderful rest was broken with the sound of a noisy petrol leaf blower! They shut up as soon as I pointed it out to reception. The receptionist explained they were trying to remove the leaves before conference guests arrived - all very nice but paying hotel guests are their bread and butter income so they need to be mindful of the tension between hotel guest schedules and maintenance team timings.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Tim S, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear 1AceTraveller,

Thank you for your fantastic review, we're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for your feedback about the leafblower. We will be more considerate in future.

Tim Sparrow, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
4 km away
10.1 km away
The Jacobean Hotel
The Jacobean Hotel
#20 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Macdonald Ansty Hall? Share your experiences!