“New favourite”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Tried here after a local takeaway let us down. Just popped in for takeaway and was made very welcome by friendly staff. Quick service and lots of banter. The curry was excellent, just bursting with flavour. Everything piping hot and cooked to perfection. My new favourite curry house.

2  Thank Tracy S

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

On business in Coventry and fancied a curry, we were not disappointed with The Ocean. Traditional curry house on entering, but was pleased to see so many locals in for a Weds night. We had pops to start, then Nargis Kebab and Samosas both were excellent. Main courses were Chicken Jaipur slightly spiced up with chillis and Chicken Bhuna with Naan and rice, washed down with a couple of Cobra lagers. Very enjoyable evening with the front of house who was quite humorous. All in all a great curry and would return if I can.

1  Thank 4Peas_11
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Will I was impressed by the fact that every table was identically & tastefully appointed & we were attended to very soon. We had to wait a decent time as they were very busy but they constantly checked Were we OK?
When it finally came it was a delight to inhale & look at & very much so to eat mmm lovely. However the only minus I can attribute was to the fact that they used Aluminium bowls to serve food & despite my enlightening a staff member of the dangers of this material, all he simply stated was that they were at the behest of the Supplier! That they had no sway over what was sent to them!
I know this was unlikely to be the case as the customer is usually right & if they simply looked it up they would be very aware as I am to the fact that it leads to Alzheimer's
In short, my suggestion to change to Stainless steel bowls was not taken seriously at all but the Food & Service there is excellent & is well worth a visit even if you take your own Stainless Steel bowls lol,

2  Thank alcartuk
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Food alright, but not very clean. Camp owner rather odd. Try looking around the back what a mess who knows what the kitchen is like!

7  Thank Pete Kim B
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Without doubt the best Indian restaurant in Coventry
Proper old school with great food and service
Mixed madras to die for