“Best Indian Restaurant for good food and amazing atmosphere”
Review of Akbar

Akbar
Ranked #57 of 645 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2018

We regularly visit family in Coventry and always go to Akbars for the best Indian food. The attention to details and friendliness of the staff is second to none. We can't wait to visit again in a couple of weeks.

2  Thank Lyn H

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I went here with 5 of my friends. It was a saturday and it was completely rammed. We booked it for 7 30 and they hadnt got our booking but we had a email confirmation so that was good. We then sat down and we orderd drinks. I asked for a tap water three times by the end of the night i had no drink luckily i brought my own bottle. Then we waited 40 odd minutes to get the orders in. We then waited about 45-1hour for papadoms. Then we waited another hour and a half for our main. we didnt leave till 11 45. Overall the food was lovely but i would not reccomend going on a saturday.

1  Thank MrRMcCormick
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Great curry house not far from Coventry city centre. Service very good and attentive. Food was tasty, served at the same time for a party of 13 and hot in temperature. Good value for money. Free parking at the Ramada opposite too.

1  Thank Philip G
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Overall this was a good meal , but there’s no box for that!
It was a busy Thursday night , service was good , lots of hustle , the food came in reasonable time , the food was good but had just something lacking ,to make it very good. The lamb dishes we had were tasty and tender , the special Karahi dish was good but the sauce a little ‘bland’ . Perhaps I chose the wrong dish , but I would return to try something else.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

This is a great curry house with fresh, and tasty food. Reasonably priced with large portions. The place is spotless, even the toilets are unbelievably clean. I loved it well worth going to and picking off the large menu.