“Hmmm - going downhill ?”
Review of Bill's Bullring

Bill's Bullring
Ranked #203 of 2,535 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Always loved going to Bill's. Up till now.
My favourite meal - the buttermilk chicken burger seems to have taken a nosedive in portion size of the actual chicken inside it. Given that I always ask for it without the bun, it looked very sad on the plate with a measly portion of slaw. The saving grace were the sweet potato fries - great ones here.
My friend also was disappointed that her fish " burger " somehow now has morphed into fish fingers .
We commented to the waitress, that although quite tasty the food just seemed to have shrunk dramatically and just didn't seem worth the money.
I will say that the other two people we were eating with were very happy with their meals.
On a very plus side, the waitress was very apologetic and not only gave us all free desserts, but also took off the price of 2 glasses of wine.
We ate early evening pre- theatre and it was manic in there. So maybe that had some bearing on it.
So all in all my rating of 3 stars has been upped to 4 stars because of very good response to our concerns.
We eat here fairly regularly and I would hate to have to stop going if food standards dropped.

Date of visit: April 2018
BillsRestaurant, Operations Manager at Bill's Bullring, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Moxxygirl, thanks for your lovely feedback, the buttermilk chicken burger is my fave, I can guarantee you the we have not changed the dish however it sounds like that in your experience it came across that way, please pop us an email hello@bills-email.co.uk so that we can talk a bit more about it. Thank you very much for taking the time to review us, Alex

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My and my friends went out for shopping as soon as we saw the sun out , decided to go at Bills as it looked amazing from outside, there was queue on the door got told to wait 5 minutes for a table in terrace but got seated quickly in 2 minutes .

Staff was very friendly, Food was delicious so was the English Garden coctail .
Will definitely come back xD

Date of visit: April 2018

Dear Taylor, thanks so much for your wonderful review, great to hear that the team was friendly and that you enjoyed our English garden cocktail, can't wait myself for some more sunshine and more cocktails :). See you soon, Alex.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited on my own and was served by Bella who was simply fantastic ! Polite professional and very on the ball. When one waiter gave me the wrong dessert menu before I could even ask she passed me the right one. Apologised for my drink taking a while and all in all was just the kind of waitress places need! Thank you Bella!

Date of visit: April 2018

Dear Strontium, thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review, so happy to hear about Bella, she is indeed amazing and I will make sure to recognise her on my next visit, I wish a beautiful day, Alex

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Bill’s after a show at the New Alexandra theatre, choosing this restaurant as my friend had never visited Bill’s before (I have in Norwich and Colchester). We weren’t disappointed at all.
Great service .. soon given a table ... very lovely waitress (bought us a bag of jelly babies.. how sweet!... but missed her name... sorry).. quick service for drinks and meal.. yummy food .. chose some specials, some main menu .. and I tried to order lemon sorbet but my mouth ordered chocolate dome instead!!!! So good.. so naughty .. shhhh ..
Loved it .. great end to our day!

Date of visit: April 2018

Dear Karen, thanks so much for your lovely review, and don't worry your secret is safe with us, in fact we are all secretly in love with our chocolate dome :). Have a beautiful day! Alex

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Went to Bill’s restaurant earlier today. Read some great reviews, thought we’d give it s try. Had calamari and chicken skewers for starters and lamb shanks for our mains. Food was delicious and staff were very attentive, waitress even gave us directions to a couple of shops we were planning on visiting. Sadly, all of this does not make up for the fact that I’m up at past 1 in the morning with sickness and diarrhoea as is my husband. We’ve both been like this for hours. When we first started feeling bad, I checked this restaurants FSA hygiene rating which was recently scored at 1 with significant improvements needed re handling of food and food safety. Wish I’d checked this before as we would have saved ourselves a really unpleasant end to our day off and £60 in the process. Avoid until their hygiene improves !!!!

Date of visit: April 2018
BillsRestaurant, Operations manager at Bill's Bullring, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Greg, Ia m really sorry to hear that your visit did not live up to our expectations, please contact us at hello@bills-email.co.uk so that we can get a bit more information from you and see how we can help. IU am really sorry too hear that you have been unwell, warm regards, Alex.